Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best Michael Jackson song?

Best Michael Jackson track?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I voted for Off The Wall because it was the first album I ever had and because Grimsby’s finest son, the absolute genius that was Rod Temperton, hardly ever seemed to write a song that I don’t adore. Combine that with the greatest music producer and arranger of all time Quincy Jones. They’re both geniuses,

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I voted for Off The Wall because it was the first album I ever had and because Grimsby’s finest son, the absolute genius that was Rod Temperton, hardly ever seemed to write a song that I don’t adore. Combine that with the greatest music producer and arranger of all time Quincy Jones. They’re both geniuses,

Cleethorpes's favourite son :wink:

boik

Theres a brilliant Quincy Jones doc on (I think) Netflix. What an amazing bloke.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Javis' song lyrics can be quite pervy themselves though.
Innit. I do find Pencil Skirt a bit of an uncomfortable listen, in particular.

When you raise your pencil skirt
Like a veil before my eyes
Like the look upon his face
As he's zipping up his flies
Oh, well I know
That you're engaged to him
Oh, but I know
You want something to play with, baby
I'll be around when he's not in town (oh)
Yeah, I'll show you how you're doing it wrong (oh)
I really love it when you tell me to stop (oh, oh)
Oh, it's turning me on

Now, you can tell some lies
About the good times that you've had
But I've kissed your mother twice
And now I'm working on your dad
Oh, baby
Oh, yeah, I'll show you how you're doing it wrong (oh)
Oh, it's turning me on

If you look under the bed
Then I can see my house from here
So just lie against the wall
Watch my conscience disappear now, baby
Yeah, I'll be around when he's not in town (oh)
Oh yeah, I'll show you how you're doing it wrong (oh)
Oh, it's turning me on, yeah
I only come here
'Cause I know it makes you sad
I only do it
'Cause I know you know it's bad
Oh, don't you know?
It's ugly
And it shouldn't be like that
Oh but, oh, it's turning me on

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyway, with regard to the OP (and deciding unilaterally that Jackson 5 tracks DO count) its clearly this masterpiece...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Impossible to choose between these two.

Although in the poll I went with Dirty Diana as Bad was the first album I fell in love with and Dirty diana was my favourite on it.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Can you imagine being there for the first ever moonwalk??

Would've totally have been a 🤯 moment.

The bloke from Shalamar did the moonwalk on top of the pops a year earlier and he taught Jacko how

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Innit. I do find Pencil Skirt a bit of an uncomfortable listen, in particular.

When you raise your pencil skirt
Like a veil before my eyes
Like the look upon his face
As he's zipping up his flies
Oh, well I know
That you're engaged to him
Oh, but I know
You want something to play with, baby
Yeah, I'll show you how you're doing it wrong (oh)
Oh, it's turning me on

Now, you can tell some lies
About the good times that you've had
But I've kissed your mother twice
And now I'm working on your dad
Oh, baby
Oh, yeah, I'll show you how you're doing it wrong (oh)
Oh, it's turning me on

If you look under the bed
Then I can see my house from here
So just lie against the wall
Watch my conscience disappear now, baby
Yeah, I'll be around when he's not in town (oh)
Oh yeah, I'll show you how you're doing it wrong (oh)
Oh, it's turning me on, yeah
I only come here
'Cause I know it makes you sad
I only do it
'Cause I know you know it's bad
Oh, don't you know?
It's ugly
And it shouldn't be like that
Oh but, oh, it's turning me on
With hindsight, I'll admit singing that song at the work's karaoke evening was a mistake.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This, in spades. . .

Err, am I allowed to say spades?

Anyway, both of them, musical genius . . .

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Javis' song lyrics can be quite pervy themselves though.

They can, but his songs often dealt with the real and wrong, not idealised versions of humanity.

I would much rather be watching Jarvis, limbs flailing like an octopus with hinged joints, over Michael Jackson, dressed as Jesus, grabbing his crotch behind a line of children dressed as choirboys.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Michael's own nephew (Jermaine's son) Jaafar Jackson will be playing his uncle in a new film about MJ called "Michael."

"Jaafar is the son of Michael's older brother Jermaine Jackson, who performed with Michael in the Jackson family's band The Jackson 5 for years before Michael's solo career took off."

"Michael is in theaters April 18, 2025."

" The first-look photo of Jaafar released Tuesday was captured by photographer Kevin Mazur, who in 2009 took the final photos of Michael at rehearsals just days before his sudden death at 50."

"When I walked onto the set, I felt like I’d gone back in time and I was walking into the stadium to shoot the tour," Mazur said in a statement. "Seeing Jaafar perform, I thought, ‘Wow, it is Michael.’ The way he looks and acts, his mannerisms, everything — he's Michael Jackson. For anyone who didn’t have the chance to see Michael perform live during his lifetime, this is how it was.”

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Having seen the documentary, I can’t listen to his music anymore despite believing that some of his tracks are absolutely cracking and top notch.

The best I can do for him is to perhaps suggest that his alleged crimes were committed by someone who genuinely believed that he was the same mental and emotional age as his victims. If he’d channeled his energies into being honest about his homosexuality, championing the LGBTQ+ community and not reaching under the table for U18s, he’d be up there with the likes of Pele and Mandela, he had the talent. Instead, the only thing saving his reputation from hitting the depths of Gary Glitter’s is very expensive lawyers paid for by his estate which is funded by the sales of very good music.

If you are rich enough and your music is good enough, it appears that your noncing will be ignored.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

"Colman Domingo wants to portray a “complex version” of Michael Jackson’s father, Joe Jackson, in the upcoming biopic about the King of Pop."

" Indeed, the Jackson family patriarch — who died in 2018 at age 89 — was a stern parent who had a complicated relationship with his 11 children."

" As PEOPLE noted in Joe’s 2018 obituary, his daughter La Toya Jackson wrote in her 1991 memoir “that he abused her and terrorized her brothers, often pointing guns at the kids to get their attention.'"

" Michael confirmed to Oprah Winfrey on a 1993 TV special that Joe had beaten him."

" In an interview with Winfrey a year after Michael died, Joe said he didn’t regret hitting his children: “It kept them out of jail and kept them right.'"

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here