Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Loan Player We've Had At Brighton?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I wouldn't disagree with WB who has been fantastic but, referring to current acquisitions, we should not underestimate the impact of Matty Upson who has massively solidified the defence along with GG .

Hate to think of either not being with us next season !

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
A lot here surely never watched Gotsmanov, then.

Didn't see him in person that often but won't forget him. Wonderful player. If we're limiting it to people who didn't sign permanently then he's definitely my pick, and he'd rival Bobby Z as my pick either way (am slightly too young to remember Wardy). Such a waste when he went to Saints and never got a chance. Calde's eventual decision to f*** them off felt like a restoration of karma on that one.

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
Surprised no one has mentioned Akinbiyi, 4 goals in 7 appearances was a good return.

Although he did blot his copy book somewhat later in his career.....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We've had a few over the years who have made really important contributions on loan: Ward, Zamora, Sidwell, Dickov, Trevor Benjamin, Rougier, Upson.

But because he has been here all season and been absolutely superb I think you've got to say Bridge has been the best.

If, by some horrendous twist of fate, we screw up this play-off semi final, and I find myself tempted to criticise this fine Albion team, I shall revisit your post, and remind myself that there was once a day when our only hope of salvation was Trevor Benjamin or Tony Rougier.

And I shall be at peace with the result, and go off into the summer knowing that things can never be that bad again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here