Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best last minute moments

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I seam to remember Gary Hart getting a last minute winner verses Millwall. Am I making this up?

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
For us oldies, a towering header by Norman Gall v Tranmere at the Goldstone in 1965 (in a very misty/ smoky South Stand goal) Top of the table clash and one which ultimately resulted in our Div 4 Championship. I think Bobby Smith had equalised earlier.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Two leap out to me.

Dean Wilkins free kick. I think it was so good as it was almost slow motion, seeing fat guts Phil Parkes defying gravity trying to get across to stop it.

2nd one was at Hereford when they burst clean through at the death and it is straight at Ormerod. If Dean Wilkins goal felt like slow motion, that moment seemed to go on forever.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I also remember a Wilkins free kick v Wimbledon in possibly the zenith cup, or some other minor cup making it 3-2. I don't recall how late it was, though.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I remember Sheffield United away during the 2004-05 season and that was a hell of an ending! It was 1-1 going into the 94th minute, Leon Knight put through on goal by Paul Reid and calmly slotted into the bottom corner. That away end at Bramall Lane went absolutely crazy!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I seam to remember Gary Hart getting a last minute winner verses Millwall. Am I making this up?

Yep that definitely happened. I remember as for odd reasons which I won't go into here I was watching from the trees!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Yep that definitely happened. I remember as for odd reasons which I won't go into here I was watching from the trees!

We've all been there.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
For us oldies, a towering header by Norman Gall v Tranmere at the Goldstone in 1965 (in a very misty/ smoky South Stand goal) Top of the table clash and one which ultimately resulted in our Div 4 Championship. I think Bobby Smith had equalised earlier.

My first ever Albion game. Division Four. Nearly 24000. A memory that lasts forever, a bond between a football club and a young fan sealed forever.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Surely Buckley v Doncaster! Absolutely amazing moment, don't think you'll see many moments like that on the opening day of a season. Cannot be replicated, but our first goal/win in the premier league will be close.

I can't believe there are any other contenders.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
For me it has to be Michael Thomas scoring in injury time at Anfield to win Arsenal the league championship in 1989.
I was his PE Teacher for 6 years and I spent much time together with him during his school days and after he signed for Arsenal.
He was a full back then and I was a centre forward and I used to joke with him about his lack of composure in front of goal.
And suddenly there he was scoring the most famous goal in English soccer history !!!!!
I wept for ages.... it was the most emotional moment I'd ever witnessed.

As emotional Ulloa's goal was on Saturday, it doesn't quite match Michael's moment in 1989

Wash your mouth out.

Feb 3, 2013
Got to be Buckley vs Doncaster. Virgo vs Swindon was also great and maybe even Saturdays goal was up there. I quite enjoyed Leo's goal last season at Leeds too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here