Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best I Phone 4S deals

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
3 mobile I think is the best. If you get it via quidco you get £109 cash back as well which covers the upfront cost.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
However, it's worth mentioning that 3 reception is pretty poor, judging from what others have said before on NSC. It's also rather patchy as far as the 3 mobile broadband card I have in my iPad...

Dirt cheap, mind you.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Due a contract upgrade, and was wondering whats the cheapest pay monthly deals going for the above phone.

I looked into this before Xmas. Best deal I worked out was to buy the iPhone 4S unlocked and sim free from Apple, then use GiffGaff £10 per month goodybag (250mins, unlimited texts and data). Over 24 months, that's £240 to GG, £500 for the phone total £740. That's equivalent to a £31 per month 24 month contract where the phone is free. You may find a deal almost as good as that, but you are tied in for 24 months, and the phone is locked to that network. No contract with GG and your phone is unlocked to any network.

Me and the wife are both on GG where all calls and texts are free between phones. Been very pleased. Also means when I go aboard my 4S is unlocked, and I can stick a local PAYG sim card in when I get there making phone usage abroad much cheaper.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As above, bought the 4S from Apple and have gone with GiffGaff at a tenner a month.

The big advantage of this approach is that you can get rid of the phone whenever you want due to there being no tie-in. So, when the iPhone 5 comes along later this year, it is very easy to upgrade and the iPhone being the iPhone, you'll get a lot of the initial outlay back there and then when you sell the 4S on.

It's the cheapest approach...if you can afford to buy the phone outright up front.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As above, bought the 4S from Apple and have gone with GiffGaff at a tenner a month.

The big advantage of this approach is that you can get rid of the phone whenever you want due to there being no tie-in. So, when the iPhone 5 comes along later this year, it is very easy to upgrade and the iPhone being the iPhone, you'll get a lot of the initial outlay back there and then when you sell the 4S on.

It's the cheapest approach...if you can afford to buy the phone outright up front.

done same

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I looked into this before Xmas. Best deal I worked out was to buy the iPhone 4S unlocked and sim free from Apple, then use GiffGaff £10 per month goodybag (250mins, unlimited texts and data). Over 24 months, that's £240 to GG, £500 for the phone total £740. That's equivalent to a £31 per month 24 month contract where the phone is free. You may find a deal almost as good as that, but you are tied in for 24 months, and the phone is locked to that network. No contract with GG and your phone is unlocked to any network.

Me and the wife are both on GG where all calls and texts are free between phones. Been very pleased. Also means when I go aboard my 4S is unlocked, and I can stick a local PAYG sim card in when I get there making phone usage abroad much cheaper.

done same

Got a sim free 4S from Apple and stuck my old Virgin sim in it once I cut it down worked a treat, Was paying my old contract anyway and when it expires I'll just get one of the GG micro sims.

As I plan on travelling next year it'll be great to just stick the local poyg sims in.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Mine works fine in Brighton and Hove, London, infact anywhere I have been in the south.

This. I had issues with my first 3 phone about 5 years ago but my latest one has had very few problems with signal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here