Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best headphones/earphones

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I would suggest for using on public transport to look for cicumaural headphones or noise insulating earphones. Personally I would go for cicumaural headphones as I find them more comfortable and IMO sound better (different). I would Suggest the Beyerdynamic DT 770 32 ohm model.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Sennheiser in-ear are ones I always go back to.

If you have money to burn there's some nice ones here http://www.whathifi.com/news/best-in-ear-headphones-to-buy-in-2014

On the Dre Beats..... I bought a pair in the sales and I can honestly say that I like them. Really comfy, block out external sounds and if you listen to house/hip hop then they sound ok. Look shit tho.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
In terms of value for money I don't think a lot beats the AKG K451, £50 and top rate in their price bracket by What Hi Fi.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-High-Pe...=UTF8&qid=1413891733&sr=8-1&keywords=akg+k451
The AkG -K451s are unbeatable at the lower end of the price range.
They were great value at their £130 launch price.
Now they're a steal.
The 451s come with an alternative cable for use with Android devices.
The 452s are the same headphones but with an i -device cable

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I would give a massive thumbs down for the Akg 451s. Being on ear they offer little in the way of attenuation of external noise and therefore reasonable sound leakage, in addition being on ear I find them uncomfortable as they place pressure on the ear itself and IMO sound poor, I don't understand how they review well.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not that much of an extremist when it comes to headphones, as long as its clear, fairly loud and comfortable....bluetooth Sony over the ear headphones at the moment. I hate the cable.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
AKG Y-Series are brilliant.

y50-group-view.jpg

I have them in red and in black, fantastic sound.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Don't they do them a bit bigger, they seem a bit inconspicuous?

The Y-50's are pretty big, but they are very comfortable to wear and the sound doesn't leak which is great if you're on the train/tube,

If you wanted something a little more compact you could look at the Y 40's, I keep a pair in my laptop bag for when I'm editing on the go, don't think they're as durable for a daily commute at the Y50's though!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I had a pair of Sennheiser HD201 but the cable came loose (probably due to my kids rather than the quality of product). They were good, but not as good as my next pair...

I went for a £15 pair of these Monoprice Premium

Amazing sound for £15 - read the reviews.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I don't like the big and bulky headphones, so I always buy in-earphones as I find them more comfortable and the sound just as good. I have gone through several pairs over the years, but I really would recommend the JVC XX-plosive brand, which I bought about a month ago from Argos. Think they were reduced in price from about 25 quid to £14.99. What I look for mainly in earphones is a powerful and deep bass sound, and this set does just that brilliantly*.

*No I don't work for JVC or Argos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here