Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Greasy Spoon in Brighton??

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Lala's on George Street does a decent fry up. Better in the summer when you can sit on he roof terrece.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
After some years in the doldrums Elm Grove Cafe has hit some form recently.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Always my favourite whilst Peter was there (even if he is a Spud). Best sausages in Brighton (always the acid test of a good breakfast). Has he moved to Shoreham Beach now, I'm always catching glimpses of him these days?
They got a great place looking over Widewater lagoon in Lancing-he now works for the club at the new academy ferrying the youth lads around to training and games-he loves it.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
It was Divalls when it was run by the legend Eric . He used to describe it as a drop in centre for Brightons down and outs and serve amazing breakfasts at cheap rices . He went bust ! Then the famous Dumb Waiter , sadly closed down this year where again incredible and high quality food was served , chipped potatoes to die for and equAlly good for meaties and veggies . Now Macs cafe in Arundel road flies the flag for me - all the waitresses wear blue aprons and the omelettes ooze cheese . The clock tower cafe was a classic though as they were so miserable . But for me it will always be Eric the king of the Brighton greasy spoon - he used to say " what you doing bringing that load of crap into my cafe " as I came in on a Saturday with my Guardian . A neuro scientist apparently , Telegraph reading Tory and a man who made the best bubble and squeak ever . I love you Eric and hope you re still ok - you ******* !

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We used to use Duncan's Diner sometimes for brekkie, it was in Hove near the old Goldstone Ground, we used to call it Duncan's Dungeon, because of it's lack of decor.
Some of the lunchtime specials were ok as well.
He was an odd character but quite amusing at times.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Another one, which was a regular for me on Saturdays, was the one on Montifiore Road.
Was always good value, it was run by a woman who always seemed sultry.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Joe's Cafe back in the day took some beating, as did the Market Diner, we were fairly well spoilt for choice and there was always Belchers too.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Anyone remember Stan's Diner that used to be between Coombe Terrace.
I knew Stan, very decent chap he was, Clark Gable 'tashe and all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here