Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best footie pubs

Jimmy Grimble

Not in town but I find the Wilmington in Patcham is a pretty happy medium. Good ale and lager too (although you do pay 'town' prices)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a shame proper arse-kicking US sports bars have never taken off in the UK.

I once went into with literally a bazillion screens, half court basketball, table top everything, the whole nine yards.
It was sporting sensory overload.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
BRIGHTON town centre pubs are mostly rubbish to watch football IMO
But if I do bother I'd say Molly malones Irish pub down west street or Smugglers down Ship Street are the best bet if you want to get a seat instead of standing for the whole game like if you go in King & Queen

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Brighton has a lack of large venue sports bars
King and Queen is best, it doesn't really have a rival for good atmosphere football games
Used to drink in the Font in the lanes for big England tournament games and have a good sing song in there and old school beer chuck about before they tarted up that place

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Brighton has a lack of large venue sports bars
King and Queen is best, it doesn't really have a rival for good atmosphere football games
Used to drink in the Font in the lanes for big England tournament games and have a good sing song in there and old school beer chuck about before they tarted up that place

Used to love watching football in the Font especially if you got in there early and got one of the bench seats upstairs on the front row of balcony

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Used to love watching football in the Font especially if you got in there early and got one of the bench seats upstairs on the front row of balcony

We used to always get there early otherwise couldn't guarantee getting in as was so popular
Upstairs was the best place to be as perfect view of the big screen, (downstairs was crane your neck time)
When an England goal went in everyone downstairs got drenched in various liquids chucked from above

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here