Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best footballers in the world

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Three things came to mind reading this.

1. Is Jude Bellingham currently the world's best player?
2. Which current player of ours would rank highest if the list extended beyond 20.
3. ...and where would he be placed?

To my mind, Bellingham is very probably the best right now.

I need to give some thought as to our best and where he may rank.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just to highlight, this list is based on current form, it wouldn’t look like that it was actually the top 20 players in the world. So based on form this season, it has to be Gross.

Bellingham has been without doubt the best player in the world so far this season.

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
Is it okay if I'm slightly sneaky and post who has the potential to be up there in the top 20 in our squad right now?
If so, I think Beleba, Adingra and Ferguson are prime candidates, Enciso would be up there with no injury too.
As for best player in the world that's so tough.
Bellingham is a good shout but for me, I don't watch him playing, apart from his England appearances as I hardly watch any games outside of the Prem these days so I'm not going to go with him as I don't feel I can put forward overseas players
I also struggle with the notion of best overall player due to the fact that many positions would always be overlooked due to not having the same level of exposure.
So with that being said, I'm going with 2 players, Rodri and Foden (and no I'm not a City fanboy) for very different reasons.

FWIW, Iniesta would be my favorite (and my vote for best) non prem player ever although I know he would never been seen as the best in the eyes of the masses.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Weird list. Ronaldo is playing against binmen, and Bruno has been rubbish - plenty of Newcastle fans wanting him dropped.
Indeed. Plus Messi is 15th. He's also playing against binmen and has been injured for a month. Bit odd to include him in a "top 20 in form" list then, surely?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He could but blame European football as we are effectively now banned from buying USG players.
I said 'couldn't', not 'can't'! We all know we're not allowed to buy him now, that's different. I said it was a pity Uncle Tony couldn't afford him - which of course was completely and intentionally ironic, because he obviously could afford to and did buy him, for USG for about 6M quid!
But never mind. yes you're right, we can't buy him now. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here