Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best food you've had at a football ground?

At Norwich last Sunday I had a bacon, egg, sausage and beans pie and it was well nice. It got me thinking "what's the BEST thing I've ever eaten in a football ground?" Then I thought "what's the best thing everyone on NSC's ever eaten in a football ground?". All this thinking caused me to miss the first goal, damn it.

Okay I'm RAMBLING now. Too much sleep and sugary tea, obviously.

Anyway, what IS the best food you've ever had at a game? For me it's got to be the Diamond Burger away at Rushden this season. Just £2.50 got you get two quarter pounders, double bacon and cheese in a fresh sesame seed bun. f***ing GORGEOUS.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Technocally I wasn't at a real football ground at all. I was at The Memorial Stadium Oklahoma when Oklahoma University played. Was the usual fare of burgers and the like with the fundermentle difference that it meat idn't come from the parts of th animal that nobody likes to talk about. (The beer, although American, was good too).

Frankly Ive hardly ever eaten in an Soccer ground as the smell alone puts me off.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
I was at an FA Vase game Guisborough(near Middlesborough) V Taunton Town a few years ago and they done the most fantastic meat and potato pies. Huge chunks of meat and a lovely gravy for well under a quid. Fantastic value!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Bugger Delia. WHEN we get Falmer lets get Anthony Worrall Thompson involved in the catering. He grew up in Brighton didn't he? If he can't give us any money, he could at least give us some decent recipes!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sheffield Wednesday officially won the 'Best Catering at a Football ground' award a few years ago.

I had a steak pie there and it was delicious. Try it when we go on the 27th *

I do agree with Safeway that Rushden's food was good.

*now ducks in case they have changed their caterers recently*

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Cornish pasty (sic) at Plymouth.

Worst - Meat and potato pie at Oldham (gravy and smash would have been a more accurate description)

Yorkie said:
Sheffield Wednesday officially won the 'Best Catering at a Football ground' award a few years ago.

But Clyde have one the best pie award in Scotland for the last 4 or 5 years on the trot, and Scottish pies are much, much better than the ones you get at English grounds. (incidentally, Clyde have also won best programme for something like the last 8 or 9 years, too).

And bear in mind Clyde have to compete with both the awesome Killie Steak Pie and the world-famous Forfar Bridie.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Pies at Blackburn used to be good.

Recently, probably the bacon sandwich I had at Cambridge. I usually avoid football ground fare though

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
fatbadger said:
But Clyde have one the best pie award in Scotland for the last 4 or 5 years on the trot, and Scottish pies are much, much better than the ones you get at English grounds. (incidentally, Clyde have also won best programme for something like the last 8 or 9 years, too).

And bear in mind Clyde have to compete with both the awesome Killie Steak Pie and the world-famous Forfar Bridie.

Bridie or Scotch Pie then Fatbadger?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Best food ever was the fish and chips at Peterhead FC ... the ground was like a small subbuteo stadium and the football was crap, but the fish and chips was just awesome ... and cooked fresh from a wagon at the ground ... must have been a fire risk!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Leyton Orient.

That catering stand that used to be on the terrace where the new stand now is.

He was alittle italian bloke and his food was very nice and HOT

HOT, remeber HOT FOOD!!!! Caterers at Withdean can you hear me?:censored: :censored: :censored:

Gosling

Mar 4, 2004
South London
The Connaught Arms in Portsmouth did the best food I've ever had on an away trip. Good thing, cause it was fecking freezing.

Beautiful pasties, I had two. I totally recommend turning up early at the Connaught if you get drawn against them in the cup in the near future. ;)

As for best food within the ground... They're all pretty much of a muchness, but Walsall did good balti pies as far as I remember.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
The booze and buffet spread in the VIP enclosure at Yokohama (Ireland v Saudi).

also Burnley's half time curry pasty tasted even sweeter as we were 1 up.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
The vegetable Samosa's at West Ham are top scran.

As are the chips from the chippy outside, (but built into), Upton Park.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Chips with lashings of curry sauce at Coventry last year was BLINDIN ! none of that heat the sauce up in a polystyrene cup crap. Ohhhh no, this was proper curry spooned on to the chips with a ladel. TOP. :lol:

Delia's lamb and mint pie (eaten in the dark) was the only redeeming part of last season's Saturday afternoon with Mr Carrow.

And I've had a good pie at Mansfield. Although I've never had a good day there.

Worst catering EVER ... the forty minute queue for a cup of tea at Sutton United v AFC Wimbledon, the first time that AFCW ever played a game. Mind you, when you eventually reached her, she was a lovely lady, only too willing to have a long conversation with anyone who would join in.

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Breakfast served at the Amsterdam ArenA before the Ajax / PSV game was great, proper big german sausages, and as much scramble egg as I wanted - served when some nice Heineken and all free - ave it....

Though those chips and curry sauce in Covvie with the best so far here.... oooh can we play there in a pre season friendly - just for those chips......:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here