Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best European ground to visit for a game….

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Leverkusen very easy to get tickets but not a patch on Koln, schalke, Dortmund for atmosphere.

Essen, Oberhausen, Bochum, Wuppertal, Aachen, Wattenscield all worthy of a visit when fixtures pan out too.

I’m off there in a few weeks and looking like Bielefeld v Karlsruhe Friday night, maybe Munster Saturday early game and then Aachen and some tier 6/7 after.
A couple of mates did Duisburg v Dresden last weekend . On the Saturday they visited Wuppertal see the ground etc ,they went to the club bar for a beer . Both got presented with this years away shirt ,a very nice gesture.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hertha BSC Olympiastadion

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
A couple of mates did Duisburg v Dresden last weekend . On the Saturday they visited Wuppertal see the ground etc ,they went to the club bar for a beer . Both got presented with this years away shirt ,a very nice gesture.

Went to Wuppertal and Dortmund stadium back in July when we were camping in Holland - only 1.5 hrs away. There is a tour of Signal Iduna park but we just walked in pitchside. Also got a lot of BHAFC/Veltman love wearing the Albion colours round the campsite. But I'd go for Hamburg, Koln or Berlin.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Any decent Bundesliga figure is some experience, really would recommend it. A lot of passion and beer!!

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
This thread has been incredibly helpful can’t believe how many different grounds people have been to, definitely a huge insight into european games……

have noticed lazio are at home to juventus on weekend i’m thinking of going……

anyone got any experience on Stadio Olimpico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw Roma win a 5 goal thriller v Messina there many years ago. Totti got the winner. Was ok but these big stadiums aren't particularly atmospheric for 'ordinary' matches (same as San Siro, way too big for all but the biggest games). Advice for Stadio Olympic - ignore the touts and go to the box office first, my group got cheap face value tickets (13 euros) for the section next to the very lively cuerva sud from the office whilst our other group paid 50 euro for what turned out to be comps in the the equivalent of the East Upper with very little atmosphere. It's a bit of a trek out to it but go earlyy as the area around the stadium is quite impressive (I thought).

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

Class that but also unsurprising. German football fans are just class. There’s not the same levels of support we have below tier 3/4 but always found them to be friendly, knowledgable and bloody love a beer.

Duisburg is another I’ve done but large stadium only half full which is always a shame. Sure Dresden took a few mind

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Went to Berlin few years ago, moved the game to a Friday night so we jumped on a train and took in a second game at Wolfsburg on the Saturday.

Train fare was pretty cheap if I remember and took about an hour and a half.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Last time on the Nordkurve at Schalke I found the occupants of the corp boxes above were taking great delight in passing down their free beer to the masses. Nice gesture.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Went to the Allianz Arena in Munich during the off season. Couldn't catch a game but the bar was open. Paulaner taps everywhere and Bratwurst stands literally every 50m on the concourse.

Hard to get your head around a stadium that's 3 times the size of The Amex.

Attachments

• BM1.jpg
    BM1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 81
  • BM2.jpg
    BM2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 85

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
I saw Roma win a 5 goal thriller v Messina there many years ago. Totti got the winner. Was ok but these big stadiums aren't particularly atmospheric for 'ordinary' matches (same as San Siro, way too big for all but the biggest games). Advice for Stadio Olympic - ignore the touts and go to the box office first, my group got cheap face value tickets (13 euros) for the section next to the very lively cuerva sud from the office whilst our other group paid 50 euro for what turned out to be comps in the the equivalent of the East Upper with very little atmosphere. It's a bit of a trek out to it but go earlyy as the area around the stadium is quite impressive (I thought).

Thanks

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
so germany has been decided now to choose the fixture for my 40th
ffba6160766e0bfbe1a37e185a5d8719.jpg

aca1fae505f6b6037a998c248d131144.jpg

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
so germany has been decided now to choose the fixture for my 40th
ffba6160766e0bfbe1a37e185a5d8719.jpg

aca1fae505f6b6037a998c248d131144.jpg

Just book your flights to Düsseldorf/cologne now and plan the games around 10 weeks before when fixtures get announced.

You’ll get more than one of those for sure.

Some decent lower league matches that weekend too,

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Just book your flights to Düsseldorf/cologne now and plan the games around 10 weeks before when fixtures get announced.

You’ll get more than one of those for sure.

Some decent lower league matches that weekend too,

lower league, wow not even looked that far yet…. will definitely look into that as well

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
lower league, wow not even looked that far yet…. will definitely look into that as well

As I said in a previous post - teams like Essen, Oberhausen, Wuppertal, Aachen are absolute gems and all in the same region. They’ll also kick off at different times throughout the weekend. You should get 3 decent games in….and a lot of beer.

Try bounce this thread around mid/late feb and fixtures will start getting released.

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
As I said in a previous post - teams like Essen, Oberhausen, Wuppertal, Aachen are absolute gems and all in the same region. They’ll also kick off at different times throughout the weekend. You should get 3 decent games in….and a lot of beer.

Try bounce this thread around mid/late feb and fixtures will start getting released.

Thanks so much all this advice has been golden, definitely gonna be a fantastic weekend and like you say lots of football and even more beer

jfs

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
Has anyone done a trip to Union Saint-Gilloise and has any advice? I couldn't see any tickets for sale on their website but that might be because it looks like you have to register. Have applied and am awaiting approval!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here