Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best curry house in Brighton

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
First, I know this has been done to death but I am struggling to find any recent threads on this matter. Apologies.

Second, I'm after a decent British Indian restaurant in central Brighton. I love The Curry Leaf but that's not what I'm after this time. No Chili Pickle, no "authentic" thalis etc. I want a solid British Indian selling tikka masala, jalfrezi, madras, byriani, etc etc.

I used to frequent The Ganges in Hove but was disappointed last time. If [MENTION=259]Jack Straw[/MENTION] comes on and tells me they're back to their usual standard then I'll go back. Otherwise up for suggestions.

I've had to stop my weekly treat of visits to The Ganges as my financial situation has shrunk due to taking early retirement. It's now special occasions only. The last time I went, it was as good as always. One bit of advice I would give would be not to go on Fridays or Saturdays as it's so, so busy, and the chef can't seem to weave his magic quite so well when it's totally manic in the kitchen.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Eye is excellent. Really good food meeting your criteria perfectly. Hare and Hounds across the road, which is a bonus.

Memories of India is cavernous and usually not very busy...lovely food, but all a bit too posh for my liking. And I thought you were boycotting 'Spoons!?

If you venture into deepest Hove, Curry Mahal is wonderful.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Surprised nobodies mentioned Noori's in Ship Street. Not been in a while, but I've never been disappointed.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here