looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Reptoids rule the world

Bush was behind sept 11

Moon landings faked

Pyramids in eygpt built by ET's.

The JFK assasination.

EARNEST is not Dick Knights sock puppet.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It's an oldie but I still think the Shakespeare didn't write Shakespeare theory is the barmiest of them all.

There's not a whisper of such a thing during Shakespeare's lifetime, nor for 200 years after his death. It's only when someone called Looney (seriously) comes up with some crackpot theory that the idea starts getting legs. But no-on can agree on a potential 'real' writer and two of the most often-named died before Shakespeare finished writing - but, hey, you can't keep a good conspiracy theory down.

So, a theory that's nearly 200 years old and is supported by no evidence whatsoever has done well to last the pace

Ive never posted that one or claimed Shakespere was black, you wally.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
one bloke i serve sometimes says the government is out to get him, and he can only pay in cash so that he can live off the grid.

the man looks like he's clinging to that belief because there's nothing about his life. Seriously. Gray hair, moth eaten clothing, always looks miserable.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
former green party spokesman and sports presenter David Ickes theory that the world is run by a secret society of reptilian shapeshifters.

more recently he's developed the theory that the moon is a space station used to control us through a fake reality broadcast to our brains - basically recasting the Matrix film plot. he even calls it the Moon Matrix, yet people still buy his books. you have to admire that really, he makes an awfull lot of money with a large following (Wembley arean gig recently), seems like a good career choice.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
one bloke i serve sometimes says the government is out to get him, and he can only pay in cash so that he can live off the grid.

the man looks like he's clinging to that belief because there's nothing about his life. Seriously. Gray hair, moth eaten clothing, always looks miserable.

I think he posts on here....

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
So what's the best conspiracy theory you've heard. And when I mean best I mean most stupid.

To kick off;

Have heard people claim that music companies have paid Apple money so that the "shuffle" function favours their songs over other songs.

Got it: Project '58. look it up. Some people in Sweden actually think that the 1958 World Cup never happened and just like the NASA moon landings it was all made up. TBF, Did you see any of it with your own eyes?

A Swedish TV programme documentary aired this bizarre theory and despite them since admitting it was all a hoax, the conspiracy is now up and running. All the CIA apparantly...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Barring the one about robot wars, I don't know how this bloke puts his trousers on in the morning.

As for the robots, that's where we're heading anyway, it's not a conspiracy theory. We have unmanned drone surveillance and bombing now, the forces have advanced exo-skeletons in use now, and robot technology is moving on apace (just see QI this week). Fast-forward 50 years and it's not unreasonable - allowing actual people to die in battle will make a government unelectable if they afford not to do it.

Heck, my micro-wave just gave me a really menacing look!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It's an oldie but I still think the Shakespeare didn't write Shakespeare theory is the barmiest of them all.

There's not a whisper of such a thing during Shakespeare's lifetime, nor for 200 years after his death. It's only when someone called Looney (seriously) comes up with some crackpot theory that the idea starts getting legs. But no-on can agree on a potential 'real' writer and two of the most often-named died before Shakespeare finished writing - but, hey, you can't keep a good conspiracy theory down.

So, a theory that's nearly 200 years old and is supported by no evidence whatsoever has done well to last the pace

Is that a conspiracy theory though or just people doubting the authenticity. Very few facts are known about Shakespeare - not that I believe he didn't write the stuff.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
That would certainly help explain the shite music he has produced since the Beatles split up.

Curiously enough, that's one of the arguments they use!! Its one of the more compelling ones though, I admit.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is that a conspiracy theory though or just people doubting the authenticity. Very few facts are known about Shakespeare - not that I believe he didn't write the stuff.

But if someone else wrote the plays, then that deception would involve a conspiracy of dozens of people. We know Shakespeare was real, was an actor and had a reputation as a genius writer. His company would have known, if he wasn't the true author. We also know that he collaborated with several other writers - they must have been in on it.
And how did Shakespeare get his undoubted wealth?

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Elvis, marilyn Monroe, 2pac and co are all living on a secret island somewhere living off royalties

A girl in my school a few years ago believed so much 2pac was alive, that when I teased her about she, she broke down in tears

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

It's the basis of the recently released film Anonymous (2011) - IMDb starring Rhys Ifans.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
But if someone else wrote the plays, then that deception would involve a conspiracy of dozens of people. We know Shakespeare was real, was an actor and had a reputation as a genius writer. His company would have known, if he wasn't the true author. We also know that he collaborated with several other writers - they must have been in on it.

The book I read recently on him, had very few facts, and stated that very little was known about him - I don't recall anything about any wealth, they don't even know when or where he died. I'm not saying he didn't write it, just that wilh so little factual information, it's entirely possible that the truth is lost in time. It's also entirely possible that the book I read was wrong, though.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

If that's the case, he's a bit bloody stupid telling you about it

The theory I've heard is that the Stratfordian William Shakespeare was some kind of frontman for the conspiracy - paid by De Vere to 'be' him. But as you say, this doesn't stack up as the plays would have been largely collaborative efforts (i.e. Shakespeare turns up with a draft script and the actors, including Shakespeare, amend it as they go through rehearsals).

As you say, this was a theory that only emerged years after his death - no-one at the time questioned his existence. I've always suspected that there's some level of academic jealousy behind the accusations; the basis for the theories seem to be 'How could this (relatively) uneducated young man be so talented?'. The other major argument is a lack of documentation - as if everyone in the 15th and 16th centuries had the same paper trail that we have now! There are quite a few copies of his signature (with a varied spelling of Shakespeare - unsurprising given how 'fluid' spelling was at the time) and proof that he existed and moved around so that he was in the right place at the right time - it seems to me that Occams Razor could quite comfortably be invoked to dispel the other theories.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That all immigrants are government agents sent here to ruin the lives of people living in Tooting.

The book I read recently on him, had very few facts, and stated that very little was known about him - I don't recall anything about any wealth, they don't even know when or where he died. I'm not saying he didn't write it, just that wilh so little factual information, it's entirely possible that the truth is lost in time. It's also entirely possible that the book I read was wrong, though.

He bought one of (if not the) best house in Stratford, while still living in London, suggesting he held at least two homes. His father had fallen to disrepute before his death so he wouldn't have inherited anything and would have been largely self-made.

They are pretty sure on his death date (23rd April) - it's his birthday that's not known. He was buried in Stratford two days after his death, making it unlikely that he was any significant distance away when he died.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here