Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best come back that you have seen from an Albion side?

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
I recall an away game in about 1988 when we came from 1 down away to Blackpool to win 3-1 in th last few minutes. I think Nelson scored 2 including a screamer and Crumplinm got the other.

I wasn't at the game, but Blackpool sold a full match video tape with commentary which I watched with mates soon after. The commentary was suitable biased, so that when the 3rd went it in about the 5th minute of stoppage time they exclaimed "there is no justice!".

Great day and unbelievable finish. Crumplin scored an absolute screamer.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I recall an away game in about 1988 when we came from 1 down away to Blackpool to win 3-1 in th last few minutes. I think Nelson scored 2 including a screamer and Crumplinm got the other.

I wasn't at the game, but Blackpool sold a full match video tape with commentary which I watched with mates soon after. The commentary was suitable biased, so that when the 3rd went it in about the 5th minute of stoppage time they exclaimed "there is no justice!".

I am sure we took the lead in that one in the first half from Nelson, Blackpool equalised with 2 minutes to go, then Nelson scored a screamer followed by a Johnny C HOWITZER that was the icing on the cake.

Apropos of this thread is there a recommended site that has Albion archive results. The late comeback game against Pompey is bugging me and I would like to know more about it (scorers date etc). There is a site that comes up on Google but my virus protection flags lots of dire warnings about it when I try and open.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apropos of this thread is there a recommended site that has Albion archive results. The late comeback game against Pompey is bugging me and I would like to know more about it (scorers date etc). There is a site that comes up on Google but my virus protection flags lots of dire warnings about it when I try and open.

brightonfans.com certainly used to have an archive, may be worth a check on there?

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I remember this game as the top come back game. Absolutly amazing atmosphere. The Millwall Treatment were in the South West terrace to the right of the tunnel .I remenber a few individuals running from the North Stand into that area. I always assumed they were Millwall as well , but when they jumped over the wall onto the terrace , treatment surged forward and crushed them against the wall.
The second half was amazing and there about 100-150 Milwall penned against the inside of the North stand on the western side. Everytime we scored , it seemed the entire North Stand charged into them .
What happened outside after the game was frightening beyond belief. I have never seen violence on that scale either before or since that game. It was literally hand to hand combat for the entire length of Fonthill Road .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Whops forgot to reply with quote.......... I was referring to the 1978 Millwal game at the Goldstone

There were clues in your reply that gave it away :)

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Sheffield United away

1-0 Sheff United
2-0 Sheff United
3-0 Sheff United
3-1 we pull one back before half time
3-2 can we really do this
3-3 on my word
3-4 yeahhhhh haaaaaaa
4-4 oh well after being 3 down a point is a bit of a result
5-4 Aghhhhhhh thats not nice in the last minute

http://footysphere.com/post/199581136/nine-goal-thriller

Cheers for posting that clip.

Despite losing, that still ranks as my favourite Brighton match.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Good Friday 1972 v Torquay
1-0 down with about 8 minutes to go
Won 3-1 . Can't remember who got the goals

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Sunderland for me. I think I am rignt in saying Potts scored twice in injury time.

I also recall a game at home V Portsdmouth in 87/88, when we were 1-0 down going into the last couple of minutes, and won 2-1

I Remember the Sunderland game think he did score both in injury time. I was wearing a bright orange kagool in the south behind the goal. and if I remember correctly can be seen going mental when we scored, am sure it was that game. For the younger generation on here a kagool was a crappy waterproof coat that actually wasn't waterproof.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Birmingham away season 94-95 April 29.
If City had won this game they would have been promoted, they were expecting a big crowd and only gave us about 500 tickets, i went to the game but can not remember who scored for us.
We were 2-0 down and it didn't look like we would get anything from this match, the game ended 3-3.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Birmingham away season 94-95 April 29.
If City had won this game they would have been promoted, they were expecting a big crowd and only gave us about 500 tickets, i went to the game but can not remember who scored for us.
We were 2-0 down and it didn't look like we would get anything from this match, the game ended 3-3.
Munday got one of them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Early 80s, 1-3 down to Liverpool at home, finished 3-3, north stand singing "3-1 down and we drew 3 all, doodah, doodah"

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
3-1 down at home to Bournemouth, drawing 3-3.

Ian Chapman, IIRC, with a screamer. North Stand went hatstand.
That was a terrific comeback. was it Bartram their keeper was subbed after the Chapman goal, and at 3-3 Nogan had a great chance to win it. Chivers, by then a Bournemouth player, moaning about the result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here