Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Coin Op Arcade Game??

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Penny falls, or 2p falls now, hours of fun:)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Here you go:

[yt]RLeNExXflkc[/yt]

In fact, I'd forgotten just how much I loved this game.
I remember we used to use lolly pop sticks to get those speed buttons really going.
What a classic game that was!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I just found a site to play Track & Field on. You need a Java plugin and so far all seems well security wise, but the game isn't very smooth. Might play around and see what I can get working.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[yt]GOH68OsvOEI[/yt]

I blew FAR too much of my Top Rank Suite Coca Cola funds on THIS little slut down West Street before hitting the dancefloor.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I just remembered Phoenix......shoot that octopus!

Loved that game, classic music as well (Für Elise and "Romance Anónimo"). Lots of memories on this thread.

Last edited:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Defender
Tron
Carnival
Scramble
Missile command
Phoenix

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
3 pages and not one mention of Chase HQ!

I loved the late 80's/early 90's arcade games in my youth, so I give notable mentions to:

Double Dragon
Star Wars
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
X-Men
Golden Axe
POW
Operation Wolf
The Main Event
WWF Superstars
Sunset Riders
Final Fight
Crude Busters
Crime Fighters
Thunderblade
Roadblasters

I also have to give a nod to the original Robocop game where I got very good at...Very, very good.

There is also another game where the name escapes me so maybe someone can help me out. Basically you were a tiny character where you could either ride a large wild cat to attack enemies or transform it into a bloke whereby you could leap and land on an opponents shoulders and smash there face in and rip their heads off...It was not a massively popular game but if anyone else can recall this I would be interested to know what it was called.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Side Arms - great music
Nemesis/Gradius - first of the 'option' type of game I came across
Gauntlet II - blue wizard shot the magic potion
Xevious - again, great music :)
Phoenix - one of the first games with a boss level
Ladybug - like Pacman, only harder, and I was terrible at Pacman.
The football game they used to have in one of the arcades in West Street that proclaimed 'IN GOAL!!!!' when you scored.
Defender - pure arcade game, once again I was terrible at it due to TOO MANY BUTTONS!!!!

edit: oh and I forgot Space Harrier :( And then there's all the pinball machines such as Haunted House.
Exciting Soccer?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
[yt]GOH68OsvOEI[/yt]

I blew FAR too much of my Top Rank Suite Coca Cola funds on THIS little slut down West Street before hitting the dancefloor.

100%

The hours I spent on this bad boy with a crowd watching as it moved with the on screen action!

If I remember, two rows in to the entrance of the piers 1st arcade

:bowdown::bowdown:

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Great memories on here, how could I forget Scramble, Phoenix and missile command. Thank you.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Phoenix. I was looking at the Kickstarter site the other day and someone is making a documentary about the history of arcade game music. Not sure whether I'd buy the soundtrack, but could be a real trip down memory lane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here