Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Best Christmas ad, put together for £700

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hmmm

Sounds like a dive to be honest. Like some Brit Boozer in Magaluf. I bet half my taxes get chucked over that bar on benefit day.
Ok, cool.

:shrug:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
It was alright, decent kind of message, much preferable to the "big family Xmas gettogether" ads that press my buttons. This one doesn't. Pub seems a bit grim but it reminded me of us talking to the older single bloke up the pub. No harm in that, especially at Christmas. As for Xmas ads, there's only ONE I like and makes me smile every time (bastardised version):

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I know it’s been said on here already but, for the life of me, I cannot see where £700 has gone on this.

Way back when I was knocking up daft little films to promote my rhino fundraising, I managed to throw this together for the princely sum of nothing whatsoever. And that’s with a longer running time, more locations and having to navigate the bureaucracy of (then) South West Trains for permission to film on the platform. They were not happy about that costume.

All I’m saying is they should give me a buzz next time. 😉

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I know it’s been said on here already but, for the life of me, I cannot see where £700 has gone on this.

Way back when I was knocking up daft little films to promote my rhino fundraising, I managed to throw this together for the princely sum of nothing whatsoever. And that’s with a longer running time, more locations and having to navigate the bureaucracy of (then) South West Trains for permission to film on the platform. They were not happy about that costume.

I enjoyed that, cheers!

Watching him go up the station stairs really made me chuckle.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

On that topic, good news from Indonesia!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
On that topic, good news from Indonesia!

Was absolutely delighted to hear that news. Luzzed a small donation to Save The Rhino on Giving Tuesday to help with their Indonesian habitat renewal project by way of celebration.

Anyway. I’ve absolutely hijacked this thread and taken it down a massive rhino hole. Apologies. Back to Christmas ads…

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Was absolutely delighted to hear that news. Luzzed a small donation to Save The Rhino on Giving Tuesday to help with their Indonesian habitat renewal project by way of celebration.

Anyway. I’ve absolutely hijacked this thread and taken it down a massive rhino hole. Apologies. Back to Christmas ads…
I think you took it in a good direction!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This is my favourite one ever. Although not so much an advert..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here