Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Best Chinese Takeaway in Brighton area?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Went to a place on Preston Street for a more traditional chinese meal for a friends birthday, its got blue frontage that was very nice, had a spinning table, which entertained me to no end. Pretty reasonable for what was a hefty meal.
You might mean Good Friends. Last time I went, which was about a decade ago, it was very good.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Very slight change of subject as it’s a sit down - but has anyone given Ivy Asia a go yet?
Looks ridiculously expensive.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I went last week . Lots of sushi type food . Tastes nice but it’s very expensive. Very nicely done out inside though . Drinks expensive too .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I love it there, why would you think there something wrong with me ?
My go to is Wok 4 You and they were closed once so used Mandarin Garden and it was awful. Sadly Wok 4 You has now closed permanently so I might give MG another go.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very slight change of subject as it’s a sit down - but has anyone given Ivy Asia a go yet?
Looks ridiculously expensive.
On Mrs Huts to do list which is being repeated ignored as those Ivy places are vastly expensive for not a lot bar pretentiousness

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
On Mrs Huts to do list which is being repeated ignored as those Ivy places are vastly expensive for not a lot bar pretentiousness
Yeah, think I’m with you on that one.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I went last week . Lots of sushi type food . Tastes nice but it’s very expensive. Very nicely done out inside though . Drinks expensive too .
But if it's expensive I'm sure you'll be happy :thumbsup:

Wonderful critique though - Lots of sushi type food because it's all the same isn't it :shrug:

It's almost as if the price is more important than the food, a restaurateurs dream customer :lolol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Went to a place on Preston Street for a more traditional chinese meal for a friends birthday, its got blue frontage that was very nice, had a spinning table, which entertained me to no end. Pretty reasonable for what was a hefty meal.
I've always tended to avoid Preston "Restaurant" Street when eating out in Brighton, years ago l had a very fodgy meal in a pseudo Greek restaurant there, and an equally disappointing evening in the Aberdeen Angus opposite.

Maybe l simply chose two bad restaurants and that others in the street are good.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I've always tended to avoid Preston "Restaurant" Street when eating out in Brighton, years ago l had a very fodgy meal in a pseudo Greek restaurant there, and an equally disappointing evening in the Aberdeen Angus opposite.

Maybe l simply chose two bad restaurants and that others in the street are good.
I probably wouldn't recommend going to a steak restaurant the same evening as a dodgy Greek restaurant.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

There is a superb Japanese restaurant called Bincho Yakatori down there, if you are lucky enough to get a booking. The Pork Belly and Chicken Skin are divine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here