Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Best Chinese Takeaway in Brighton area?

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Sorry if this been done before....We always struggle to find a decent Chinese. Great curry places, great fish and chips etc but cant find a decent Chinese. So NSC please recommend.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hong Kong Garden in Mile Oak very good for "British Chinese" and Singapore Kitchen in Blatchington Rd were always great for slightly more authentic Pan Asian style Chinese (great Singapore Rice Noodles and Mapo Tofu).

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
There’s a new Asian fusion place near the old misty’s wine bar in church rd , Hove which has lovely food, good value too .

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Hong Kong Garden in Mile Oak very good for "British Chinese" and Singapore Kitchen in Blatchington Rd were always great for slightly more authentic Pan Asian style Chinese (great Singapore Rice Noodles and Mapo Tofu).
Chinese restaurants that only do takeaways , I would steer clear of for obvious reasons .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Chinese restaurants that only do takeaways , I would steer clear of for obvious reasons .
The obvious reason being that you're a massive food snob who's missing out on some great take out, pop up and street food?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Danny's in Hove..lovely food without the gloppy MSG!
Before the pandemic Danny's was always our family Friday night out venue of choice. My kids learned to order and eat Chinese and have a go with chopsticks in there. Found their take away not quite as good value as their eat in, because of the way the courses were priced.

I think the guys who run Danny's and Singapore Kitchen are related. Maybe brothers?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You provide some fascinating words of wisdom , yet it seemingly passed you by that living in a block of flats might be a bit noisy. Incredible

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Before the pandemic Danny's was always our family Friday night out venue of choice. My kids learned to order and eat Chinese and have a go with chopsticks in there. Found their take away not quite as good value as their eat in, because of the way the courses were priced.

I think the guys who run Danny's and Singapore Kitchen are related. Maybe brothers?
Yeah, when you can eat in there for £18 all in paying £6/7 a dish feels quite dear doesn’t it. Not a huge fan of it as a takeaway either.

I know he’s left it to his nephew to run now, as he runs a Chinese tapas type place where the Hove Park Deli once was.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
reasons aren't at all obvious. do you apply to fish & chips or kebabs?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Lots of places that only do take out get their food made off the premises in warehouse type kitchens where the standard of food combined with the mass catering / keeping food warm etc makes the whole eating experience more akin to airline food .

It’s not the same in fish and chip shops or kebab takeaways as you can see the food being prepared in front of you .

Big article in the guardian a while back . Read it online free , obviously not paying to read the guardian..

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea

Me and the Mrs are due to try Danny's in Feb, first meal out together in a year. I've always wanted to try it as she raves about it as she has been in the past.
But I'm torn between going there and Bali Brasserie

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Lots of places that only do take out get their food made off the premises in warehouse type kitchens where the standard of food combined with the mass catering / keeping food warm etc makes the whole eating experience more akin to airline food .

It’s not the same in fish and chip shops or kebab takeaways as you can see the food being prepared in front of you .

Big article in the guardian a while back . Read it online free , obviously not paying to read the guardian..
I know this is not the case with Singapore kitchen, the gaff up in Mile Oak I've never used.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Me and the Mrs are due to try Danny's in Feb, first meal out together in a year. I've always wanted to try it as she raves about it as she has been in the past.
But I'm torn between going there and Bali Brasserie
Do it! You won’t regret it.
It’s shut for a month or so for Chinese New Year so check that first, but yeah. Really good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here