Best case/worst case scenarios

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Rob

Best case scenario:

We get into the playoffs or at least very, very close (going in to last couple of games with a realistic hope).

Worst case scenario:

We slip away from the race over the enxt few games and are effectively out of the playoff race by the end of the month. We finish off the season heading down the Amex to enjoy the game, not get tense about results elsewhere, potentially mess things up for Reading, Middlesbrough, birmingham or West Ham and generally just sit back and reflect on a very good season (comfortable Championship finish, highest finish for 20 or so years, two Premier League clubs beaten, day out at Anfield, strong squad overall which with a couple of sensible additions could push for the plaoffs or even auto next season).

I like our current team but if we had a 20 goal a season striker (which I think CMS could be with service and confidence) and a really solid goalkeeper (which I'm not sure we do have at the moment) then it's easy to see us being in the shake up again.

Always disappointing to lose but two wins in the next tow and we'll be right back in the mix.

Who knows what way it's going to go? I don't but I do knoiw we're a damn sight better off than we ever have been in my supporting memory.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
No easy games as they say - but 6 point sfrom next two games could well happen and the table will look very good if it does. It is never as good as it feels after a single win and never as bad as it looks just after a 3-1 defeat

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yup. Up the Albion. Been a fantastic season WHATEVER happens now.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Good season whatever the outcome.

With this "20 goal striker", who do you suggest ? CMS is easily capable of it, same with Vokes - would be hard to get (and pay) for a very very good striker.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Tight as anything ... can make an argument for anything but I reckon we're still on for a play off pos and it'll go to the wire

120317Footy.png

Albion Rob

Good season whatever the outcome.

With this "20 goal striker", who do you suggest ? CMS is easily capable of it, same with Vokes - would be hard to get (and pay) for a very very good striker.

Hard to say really. Agree about CMS, not as sure about Vokes in terms of goals but think he could be good at setting someone up. Maybe Gus could swing his contacts at Spurs or Chelsea. I guess in July you just never know who is going to have that hot season that shoots a team to glory.

Maybe I should rephrase what I said: Hopefully CMS will be the 20 goal striker we need to get us up and if not hopefully someone will be available in the January window who we could snap up.

LondonBlue - just getting a bit of positivity and perspective in early. Can't wait for Tuesday night and then Saturday, could be the most amazing five days!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I don't care where we finish - apart from the second half against Palace I've loved this season.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Hard to say really. Agree about CMS, not as sure about Vokes in terms of goals but think he could be good at setting someone up. Maybe Gus could swing his contacts at Spurs or Chelsea. I guess in July you just never know who is going to have that hot season that shoots a team to glory.

Maybe I should rephrase what I said: Hopefully CMS will be the 20 goal striker we need to get us up and if not hopefully someone will be available in the January window who we could snap up.

LondonBlue - just getting a bit of positivity and perspective in early. Can't wait for Tuesday night and then Saturday, could be the most amazing five days!

Vokes would be good permanently, but up front could be strengthened a bit to give some back-up, with or without Vokes - some loans could sort that but we cant just rely on loans.

Oh and surely you mean the Summer transfer window :lol:

Albion Rob

Vokes would be good permanently, but up front could be strengthened a bit to give some back-up, with or without Vokes - some loans could sort that but we cant just rely on loans.

Oh and surely you mean the Summer transfer window :lol:

I'd be inclined to see how CMS is getting on from Aug to Dec and then make a decision as to whether we need a bit more firepower. Can imagine him banging in the goals next season. However, if it's not working out for him next year then we'd just need to buy in that extra boost up top, in my view.

Who will be next season's Ricky Lambert? Would Jordan Rhodes be worth a risk? Or should we look for a player dropping down from the Prem a la Kevin Phillips (maybe Michael Owen?!:D)

Either way we'll have or will ge in better players than we used to. Trolley, Davies, Lehmann, Mplango, Turienzo, your days on being headhunted by a desperate Albion are long gone!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Rhodes would be good, but premier league clubs are sniffing around him and it depends on what Huddersfield want and where he wants to go. If we can give him 1st team football then he may well choose us if we made a move.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Best case scenario - I win the lottery and spend the rest of my days f***ing women who look like Julie Christie circa 1970
Worst case scenario - The Mayans were right

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
We've lost our FIRST LEAGUE game of 2012!!!!! :facepalm:

Corrected.

Whatever happens, we have nothing to be ashamed of with our performance this season. We are right at home in the Championship, giving big teams a run for their money, with a fantastic squad of players and a top-rate manager, in a brilliant new stadium, and we have had spells of good consistency and long unbeaten runs at the start of the season (and for the first few months of 2012). One blip away from home doesn't have to spell disaster, as long as we come out of the game knowing where we went wrong. If we look ahead to the next game against Derby and aim for a win, we will still be in touching distance of the play-offs. It ain't a bad life being a Brighton fan!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
According to mendoza we are not yet mathematically safe :ohmy:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Best - Premier League
Worst-does not exist

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports