Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best cafe in Brighton?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had a fry-up in there once, which came with a slice of yesterday's bread. Never went in there again...

Maybe the name of the cafe is a clue?

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Figaro's, in George Street Brighton (first on the left as you go up St James' Street) is very good. Whatsmore, Roberto, who runs the place is the only Italian I know who actually has that stereotypical accent that everyone does when they want to take the piss out of Italians. Wassa matta you?

I used to use the Hot Potato Cafe right up at the top of St James' Street (note for pedants: actually it's probably at the bottom of Upper St James' Street) a lot. Good bloke runs that as well.

Roberto isn't too keen on boiling up any spaghetti for his spag bol though, prefering penne pasta ??? I can't see the difference tbh...

The HPC is a great place, with the one-man operator turning it out good, fresh and hot :smile:

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Roberto isn't too keen on boiling up any spaghetti for his spag bol though, prefering penne pasta ??? I can't see the difference tbh...

The HPC is a great place, with the one-man operator turning it out good, fresh and hot :smile:

I used to go in HPC nearly every week when I lived in Steine Street. He was a good laugh, right piss taking git, but took it back as well.

Kitchen Café in Trafalgar Street is good.[/QUOTE]

Actually went here in the end. Egg, bacon, beans or toms, sausage (decent fat meaty bugger not one of those 10 pence ear, arse and snout jobs!) toast and tons of chips for £3.55. Outstanding value and really decent qaulity. A cuppa on top for 70p made my day.

My kids asked the owner for a free chewing gum and he tipped up the whole container and gave them the whole lot for nothing! Mind you that prompted them to give him a £2 tip so maybe a sales ploy!?

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Any one remember Grahams Breakfast Bar in Hove? Now that was the business.

yes, when i was in property sales we sold it to a fella...then the landlord moved him to new permises, and he failed. we then let it to burger off.

graham, what a miserable ****.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Kitchen Café in Trafalgar Street is good.

Actually went here in the end. Egg, bacon, beans or toms, sausage (decent fat meaty bugger not one of those 10 pence ear, arse and snout jobs!) toast and tons of chips for £3.55. Outstanding value and really decent qaulity. A cuppa on top for 70p made my day.

Best value in Brighton and freshly cooked food - a greasy spoon without the grease. Can't be beaten.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Tend to agree. Not much of an atmosphere out of season if you have to sit indoors and a bit out of the way but does a great slection and good value.

As an aside, I used to like going to the cafe at Hove lagoon until HM took it over. Nothing against her, but they did a great breakfast with free coffee refills. Anyone been there since HM turned it into a Vegan cafe?

Carrats cafe not strictly in Brighton is the business!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
This thread has made me hungry; I shall have to seek out a decent cafe here in Eastbourne that does a good veggie fry up.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Not the greatest of locations but the cafe next to the Hobgoblin pub in London Road comes highly recommended. Fairly new and the two chaps that run it are really nice too. The grub is reasonably priced, well presented and good portions and the ambience is cool too. It's quite smart looking too.

Damn it! That's breakfast sorted!

I wanted to go there this morning but it wasn't open so I'm sat in a cafe called Papas, just off the London road waiting for my breakfast instead. It doesn't look the greatest of places but I'm hungover so it will do.

D

Deleted User X18H

yes, when i was in property sales we sold it to a fella...then the landlord moved him to new permises, and he failed. we then let it to burger off.

graham, what a miserable ****.

He was !! Turn up after half ten to get a mouthful his Mrs used to be for ever saying 'oh shut up Graham'

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Best value in Brighton and freshly cooked food - a greasy spoon without the grease. Can't be beaten.

This. Two big breakfasts both with tea for under a tenner. Friendly, clean and unpretentious.

My kids asked the owner for a free chewing gum and he tipped up the whole container and gave them the whole lot for nothing! Mind you that prompted them to give him a £2 tip so maybe a sales ploy!?

Okay, taking the boy to get a new scarf in Queens Rd. For lunch, following these recommendations, Kitchen Cafe it is, followed by a Harvey's or 2 in the Battle. Followed by 3 points. It will be a great day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here