NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Burger update.

Just picked one up from the newish place on Portland Road, 'Primal Burgers'

Silly names but a very nice burger for a little under £7.

(Which is in Hove)
Just checked out the menu, looks good, will try asap. Thanks for the heads up.

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
Troll Burger, but I’m not sure where he’s trading from now. He tends to do pop up stools around town

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Agree - went there last week and thought it was very good.
Was trying to find this thread to mention it!
Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think they do any veggie options, which seems very odd.
Just looked at the menu, no veggie burgers but vegan mayo available? Bit of an odd one.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I was back in July last year and found that Grubbs made burgers that tasted like Uncle Sam's used to and vice versa !

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I've not been there in years, but that little Uncle Sams down Montpelier Road was always a regular stopoff point on my late night post-pub rampage. Double chilli cheeseburger with all the trimmings, washed down with a THICK shake. Sensational.

Just sensational.
Wow is that still there? I remember my first ever burger there, they just had a big fire pit with a mesh grill over it. At the time it was one of the most amazing things I'd ever eaten. I had only had a Wimpy prior to that, we're talking mid to late 70s.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He became a butcher up Horsham way I think. Last time I saw his social media he was as eccentric as ever. Here you go - https://instagram.com/brighton_troll?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

God I miss this man’s burgers. Absolutely incredible. I would pre order and pick up at Brighton station during lockdown as a treat. Without doubt the best burgers I’ve ever had.

Burger Brothers always good too but Trolls always topped it. Nothing else compares to these two elite options.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Glad to see the Troll love is still alive and well, and just like HT I'm glad to see that he's still about, and still foraging/cooking, even if only for himself. His Smokey Mountain was the best burger there has ever been, or ever will be.

Now he's gone, the true answer to this question is Brger Bros.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wow is that still there? I remember my first ever burger there, they just had a big fire pit with a mesh grill over it. At the time it was one of the most amazing things I'd ever eaten. I had only had a Wimpy prior to that, we're talking mid to late 70s.
Yep. I just checked on Google Maps and indeed it is :)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Solly March get's his burger fill at Chuck-a-burger, if it's good enough for him, then it's good enough for me. :thumbsup:
That van pitches up at my local, The Hassocks pub, fairly regularly and I must say that it is a damn fine burger, even if it can be a little tricky to eat if bigger than the double.

I think it's there tonight actually too👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here