Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best bit of commentary

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Following on from other thread just wondered what the best or most exciting bit of commentary you have heard in recent years :)

John Motson - Munich 1981 - "This just keeps getting better and better!!". Never forget that going through my mind soon after when we beat Wolves 4-1 when coppell was boss.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I still think the best bit of commentary is from that Norwegian chap: 'Winston Churchill, Maggie Thatcher, etc etc can you hear me?' Genuis and he totally conveyed how he felt and what the victory meant.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Get in there Frank - classic commentary where Carpenter lost his complete impartiality but that is what makes it so brilliant!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The 5 Live commentary on the final moments of the Rugby World Cup Final in 2003 was immense, all capped off by Rob Andrew's squeals of delight in the background.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Tony Millard maybe getting all excited when we were promoted once and referred to us as...Brighton and Hove Albion, Goldstone Ground, Hove, United Kingdom...he stopped at the post code

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
"This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." - 2004 Summer Olympics

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
"Noone... oh lovely feet, needs to pick the pass and he might just have done...... BUCKLEY'S IN AGAIN *crowd and commentary go silent* 2 - 1 BRRIIIIIGHHHTOOOONN"

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
One of the best was Ron Pickering at the 1976 Montreal olympics commentating on Alberto Juantorena: 'The big Cuban opened his legs and showed his class'. (sometimes wrongly attributed to David Coleman).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here