Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best away grounds

Now I have more time on a Saturday I intend to attend a lot more away games with my 10 year old son next season, would be interested to hear everyones opinion on their favourite away stadiums and ones to miss (other than the obvious).

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If Charlton go up then pencil that one in,mind you,they were 4-0 down at half time at home yesterday so perhaps they are trying to blow it.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've always loved Peterborough, only due to it having a terrace rather than seating, but I think it's being re-developed at the end of the season :-(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One of the most enjoyable away days was Sunderland a few years back, great atmosphere

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I'm looking forward to forest!! I guess taking a 10 year old is different to what I would persieve as a good away day but millwall,Ipswich,Leeds are decent! Also looking forward to a Sheffield club next season!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i think london road is a brilliant ground, it's a very traditional stadium.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
If you are only going to a few away grounds stay away from out of town new stadiums and go to in town traditional ones

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
If Wolves go down that looks like a tasty away day. The grounds bring expanded as we speak and it looks mint.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Any ground that is in the middle of a town. That way there will be traditional pubs on the doorstep. Bristol City and Watford come to mind.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Another shout for Peterborough, possibly one of my best awaydays!
Also loved the likes of Brentford and Exeter.
Colchester last season was great, we packed it out and make some serious noise (plus some comedyfending* to laugh at)
Although with luck, we might not be playing those teams for a while - besides Peterborough - but they're ruining, I mean developing, the end terraces...

*All credit for the use of this word goes to TSLR.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm looking forward to forest!! I guess taking a 10 year old is different to what I would persieve as a good away day but millwall,Ipswich,Leeds are decent! Also looking forward to a Sheffield club next season!

If qpr come down thats worth going to.very compact stadium and alot of noise can be made.not too far either

Interesting. QPR and Leeds would be in my top five least favourite grounds, for a number of reasons:

-No standing
-Agressive, nasty stewards
-Agressive, nasty fans
-Crap view from the away end
-Overpriced.

They certainly wouldn't be ones that I'd take my kid to.

Forest and Charlton are defintely good ones. Who knows what division we'll be in though?

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
how can you like that ground its a crap ground in the middle of nowhere

I agree it was pretty soulless, but hopefully you can appreciate the face I have only good memories of it!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I think the more pissed you are the better your memory of the ground is. A bit like sex really.

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Interesting. QPR and Leeds would be in my top five least favourite grounds, for a number of reasons:

-No standing
-Agressive, nasty stewards
-Agressive, nasty fans
-Crap view from the away end.

-Overpriced.

They certainly wouldn't be ones that I'd take my kid to.

Forest and Charlton are defintely good ones. Who knows what division we'll be in though?

As I said though my opinion is different from one who goes with a 10 year old! Stayed in Leeds for last months win and forgot what a cracking city it was!!

With a 10 yo I'd probably say Watford is easy and friendly-as is Ipswich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here