Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Away Games - Championship

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Last season:

Peterborough
Liverpool (surprisingly good considering the result)

This season:

Ipswich
Cardiff
Middlesbrough

Cardiff was probably my favourite though, went there 99% sure that we'd get thrashed! We didn't just smash and grab 1-0, but 2-0 for good measure! :rave:

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Best:
Peterborough (favourite for that terrace, beers by the river),
Forest (close favourite away game, more beers by the river),
Middlesbrough, Ipswich (beers by the river), Huddersfield, Leeds (all 3 points thank you)
Hull (1st game of season, even though we lost it was a cracking game, superb weather, easy ground to park at etc)

Would have been nice to have Wembley on that list, ho hum.

Worst:
Blackburn (match called off just as we parked the car by Ewood Park, grrrrrr!!),
Sheff Weds (bad karma on and off the pitch, awful Ref, Barnes red mist, Oatway verses Dave Jones verbals, that drum),
Bolton (nice stadium, frustrating game, Barnes red mist 'the sequel')
Leicester (inept Albion performance against almost as inept Leicester, Barnes missed pen, another feckin' drum),
Barnsley (dire).

What was the bad karma at Wednesday about? I'm looking forward to going up there this season. Never been.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
What was the bad karma at Wednesday about? I'm looking forward to going up there this season. Never been.

Where do I start. My first visit to Hillsborough which was interesting. I went with an open mind but found the Leppings Lane stand grim. Probably because the footie on the pitch was so dire. Couldn't help feeling sad and a creepy sensation knowing that 96 fans lost their lives right in front where we were. The stewards were humourless but gave them the benefit of the doubt as its understandable given the history of the place. Some punters think it is a proper ground but I think it is a bit of a relic.

The footie turned out to be one of those games where everything goes wrong. Mainly down to the awful Ref. We started badly and got worse, Weds seized the moment, roughed us up, Ulloa got no protection from the Ref, we then looked and played like a load of softies, our midfield looked disinterested once Bridders got subb'd and the game passed by Lopez, Orlandi, Vicente and Hammond who collectively looked like none of them wanted to put their foot in. I still recall an image of Lopez pulling out of a tackle that looked so lame for an Albion shirt and later going down as if shot by a sniper after a fair challenge. That gave Weds a huge lift, the crowd gee'd up the Ref who loved playing to the audience, Barnes had his red mist (his fault). Calderon nearly suffered the same fate courtesy of the crowd. Then Oatway and Jones kicked off. Plus they have that friggin drum and brass band.

I have seen many poor Albion games over the years but seeing such a good footie team capitulate so easily was sad. So for me it was bad karma - on and off the pitch. The only bright spots were ticking another ground off the 92 and then getting a good look at the New York stadium in Rotherham, which looked quite tidy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here