Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best away end you have been in watching footy.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I put Hereford because of the togetherness of the Albion fans at that time, the goal celebration from our fans was something special, fellow fans hugging fellow fans that didn’t actually know each other personally.
Also just because of the match will always be remembered.

I wasn’t actually sure if the thread question meant something like I’ve posted above or just what was the best away stand for views, facilities etc.
If this was the case I would say I quite liked the away end at Barnsley.

I don't think there were any specific criteria set out. I was just thinking a combo of acceptable views, closeness to pitch, location (ie behind the goal), acoustics and also a ground that we generally fill out, which is why QPR was my favourite as it scores highly in 4 out of 5 of those.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Springfield Park ground?
I went one freezing night we won 2-1 I think the same year this was filmed…
Terrible away end, just a hill with a cow shed….

https://youtu.be/1WxrMSZPCDA

The very one got kicked in the plums by 2 locals who were Sunderland fans . I hasten to add only one of them kicked me in the plums . It was an atmospheric away end.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Does your vote include Hooters pre match or just the stadium experience?

Sent from my very expensive gated community

If I find out he's been in there pre/post match he'll have a bit of explaining to do :rant:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Anyone done the away end at the Amex?
(Albion fans need only reply :) )

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Anyone done the away end at the Amex?
(Albion fans need only reply :) )

Yes, wife’s mother knew one of the American Derby owners, or shareholders, anyway long story short he got me four tickets for the Derby Brighton game, in the bloody away end….

So me and another Brighton fan, one Derby fan and a Brighton born Man United (imagine that) all stood at the back on a Tuesday night back in 2012, The Derby fans twigged we weren’t there to support them, one or two snide comments, but they couldn’t work it out, and were happy throwing their blow up sheep around singing sheep shag army….

Needless to say I declined any further offers of tickets, I think the yank has left the board now anyway.

We won 2-0, we did not celebrate (much)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here