Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

best away day and why

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
whats the best away day you have ever been to and why ? .

i have witnessed some good ones in my time , liverpool 2-2 , Hereford , port vale last game of the season , palace 0-1 and some more recent ones southampton 1-3 , villa , Charlton and there just a few so what is your all time greatest away day ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Two really, the play off win at the Millennium Stadium and winning 1-0 at Selhurst. The play off game because of the crowds before the match in Cardiff, the fantastic stadium and of course the importance of the win. The match at Selhurst was enjoyable for its electric atmosphere and bragging rights.

The game at Hereford gets an honourable mention, but the main feeling wasn't enjoyment but tension then relief.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Charlton 1977 lost 4 - 3 & Charlton 2011 won 4 - 0 (as if anyone needed reminding) which coincidently were my first away game & 34 years later my youngest daughters first away game.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Two spring to mind:-
Newcasle 78-79 3-1 to the Albion and Promotion :)
Swindon 76-77 we were loosing 4-0 with 10mins left and the ref abandoned it coz of snow absolutely Hilarious for us :)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Both Peterborough and Walsall this year take some beating.

Play-off Final in Cardiff was good.

The Shrewsbury game where we were already Champions and lost 3-0 was a fantastic day.

But if you are talking about the whole day rather than just the actual game then I think I actually enjoyed some of the games when we were really, really shit more in a way. Awaydays to places like Darlington in the bottom division to see us get thrashed in the pissing rain with about 200 other people were sometimes brilliant. Anyone else think that or is that just me being weird?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
When we all but secured promotion at Peterborough away, having more than half the fans there that day. Gary Hart broke his leg and BZ missed a pen in the opening few mins.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Both Peterborough and Walsall this year take some beating.

Play-off Final in Cardiff was good.

The Shrewsbury game where we were already Champions and lost 3-0 was a fantastic day.

But if you are talking about the whole day rather than just the actual game then I think I actually enjoyed some of the games when we were really, really shit more in a way. Awaydays to places like Darlington in the bottom division to see us get thrashed in the pissing rain with about 200 other people were sometimes brilliant. Anyone else think that or is that just me being weird?

I dont go to that many away games but that Shrewsbury game a few years back is my choice!!
We got stuffed, there was a streaker!! then as we were champions we decided to stay over & check out the Shrewsbury nightlife....
Jesus, It was like a night out in Worthing!! but great laugh & the atmosphere at the game was awesome...

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Not technically an away day, as it was officially "neutral".

Highbury 1983.

lovely day, really sunny, Cup semi final, thousands and thousand of BHA, and we won

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
whats the best away day you have ever been to and why ? .

i have witnessed some good ones in my time , liverpool 2-2 , Hereford , port vale last game of the season , palace 0-1 and some more recent ones southampton 1-3 , villa , Charlton and there just a few so what is your all time greatest away day ?

I always though you were about 11 tbqh.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Newcastle 79 Promotion
Hereford - Wardys debut
Hereford - Staying up
Highbury - semi final
Millwall - p/off semi final 2nd leg
Brentford - Garry Nelsons brilliant goal
oh bugger there are just to many to choose from ... over 48 years

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not technically an away day, as it was officially "neutral".

Highbury 1983.

lovely day, really sunny, Cup semi final, thousands and thousand of BHA, and we won

This. Though I did enjoy the play-off final, Charlton and Walsall this season

Edit - Wardy's debut - good call. Dixie McNeil bloody cheat

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
My best away day where we lost, was the 5-4 defeat at Sheff Utd. Just an amazing match, good away terrace, decent crowd. Never enjoyed a defeat as much, certainly never had an away defeat stay so vivid in my mind.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Newcastle '79 - Convincing 3-1 win and promotion to 1st Div. Then a fair old party on trains home.

Wembley '83 - FA Cup Final, nearly beating Man. U. I guess that counts as an away match. A great game and experience - also will never forget the atmosphere having a few beers after the match in central London and receiving loads of compliments from many relieved Man U fans telling us we should should have won. (Don't mention the replay)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Unquestionably Newcastle away in 1979 and the Highbury semi-final in 1983. Nothing else before or since has come remotely close.

hastings albion

Mar 26, 2008
Hereford away without a dout. It does not matter where we get to or what we win in the furture that day will never get beat!! If we would of got beat that day i dont think there would be a Brighton now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here