Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Other part of Brighton & Hove

Votes: 13 8.0%

• Total voters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Westdene is the obvious answer. It won't win the poll though, due to the jealousy of most at not being able to live here.

If I had to live anywhere else, I'd live in Hove.

There is little to be envious of seeing others living in Westdene.

Little or no community spirit (aside from the residents' association, and I have direct experience of how reactionary they are), no pubs, no shops worth of their name, over-reliance on the car, poor public transport links.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There is little to be envious of seeing others living in Westdene.

Little or no community spirit (aside from the residents' association, and I have direct experience of how reactionary they are), no pubs, no shops worth of their name, over-reliance on the car, poor public transport links.

Harsh :annoyed:

I voted Hangleton :p

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Who voted for Whitehawk I wonder?

I'd choose Brighton seafront - it's all about the sea isn't it? Nice regency flat somewhere, in the thick of it, handy for the station. And a quick swim every day from June to October.

D

Deleted User X18H

I didn't see Brighton and Hove Border earlier as border boy I will plump for that.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Fiveways, despite the reduction in parking. Got some shops for the basics, good takeaways and chippie, good bus service, open spaces a short walk away. All the hip and cool people live there, it's the new Kemptown!

Pity the pub isn't better, but there's always John at the Cleveland a short walk away across Blaker's Park.

Er, where is Fiveways? ??? :blush:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What is good about it?, never been up that way really.

It borders on WHITEHAWK so I dont see anything good.

Queens Road area mate innit. Best place to live. Near the Welly as well!

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Hanover for me but Poets corner is nice. Nut and Bolt store rivals Dockerills for favourite shop.
Very nice pubs, easy reach of town and train station and you can still park in Hanover without paying if you can find a place.

The pay-til-eight on Saturdays and even on Sundays in Hove is an utter disgrace.
Not an issue for non-drivers.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What is good about it?, never been up that way really.

Brilliant pubs all around you (Hanover + Kemp Town in 5 mins walk), the park itself is the nicest in town and positively encourages bbq's and has loads of stuff going on in the summer including a french market which is BOOM, there's no scallies around as it's far too posh for them and it's nice a quiet yet only 10 minutes walk from the centre of town.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hove seafront is nicey smashy and im settled now,but i voted for the scoomb purely on the friends i made their in my time living there,the area has its faults for sure but i found when shit hit the fan the community bound together and everybody seemed so much more more friendly and down to earth than the people in lets say more comfortable surroundings.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Portslade is a bit of a winner for me. Nice old village, right on the downs, right near the beach, good transport links into town:thumbsup:

..oh and it's pretty cheap compared with most places...

I'm going to speak up for Osborne Villas, Hove - where I lived for a couple of years when I was a student.

Handy for Church Road, George Street and the Seafront and a Conservation Area. Handy for buses. Walking distance to the County Ground and Hove Station. Quiet and tidy - but close to some life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here