Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
9-cuparcade.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Buzz said:
I didn't know you used to frequent the Liverpool Arms Tom. Used to meet up with my mates there, prior to going out "on the Town" a good few years ago.

That was a good game. Was Jim the Landlord when you visited?

Sold terrible beer, if memory serves me well. Friary Meux and Long Life!

Used to work in Perrymount Road Buzz. My last ever permanent job. Up until 1984 I think it was. The Liverpool was our local. Grim old dump, but it was OUR grim old dump.

Jim the Landlord was ALWAYS there. Legend has it he never used to leave the place. Well, til he died, that is. Yup, the Liverpool sold that horrible smelly Friary Meux, so used to only drink bottles of Pils (they did gold top and green top). Don't think you can actually buy that nicotine-yellow paint any more can you?

Only time I never drank in the Livvy was on alleged 'Market Day' more commonly known as 'Tuesday' when the Burrell was open all afternoon in the days of non-all-day opening. Used to more or less crawl back to work on hands and knees about quarter to five, have a coffee then stagger back to the station and home in time for tea. Great days!

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tom Hark said:
Used to work in Perrymount Road Buzz. My last ever permanent job. Up until 1984 I think it was. The Liverpool was our local. Grim old dump, but it was OUR grim old dump.

Jim the Landlord was ALWAYS there. Legend has it he never used to leave the place. Well, til he died, that is. Yup, the Liverpool sold that horrible smelly Friary Meux, so used to only drink bottles of Pils (they did gold top and green top). Don't think you can actually buy that nicotine-yellow paint any more can you?

Only time I never drank in the Livvy was on alleged 'Market Day' more commonly known as 'Tuesday' when the Burrell was open all afternoon in the days of non-all-day opening. Used to more or less crawl back to work on hands and knees about quarter to five, have a coffee then stagger back to the station and home in time for tea. Great days!

Happy Days indeed!:drink:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Tom Hark said:
The sit-down table version of Galaxian in the Liverpool Arms, Haywards Heath. Only game I ever MASTERED all levels of.
used to have one of those,me mum got it of the youth club,gutted we got rid when i got older,i love that game i do

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Track and field

I still have the stess fracture injuries bashing the space bars

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
monkey island......I got sooooo bored with that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports