• ANO - state

Votes: 59 93.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
close between Up and How to train her indoors , but ile go for Up as i was not expecting to blub watching a cartoon .

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
What the deal with Up... I found it really slow going almost boring at times. And generally disapointing.

There are many better in my opinion.

I have a soft spot for how to train a dragon for some reason however.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What the deal with Up... I found it really slow going almost boring at times. And generally disapointing.

There are many better in my opinion.

This. I would say the first half hour is brilliant. Then when it gets to the "lost world" stuff its just dull dull dull.

Same with WALL E when he finally gets to the fat people spaceship it becomes just another cartoon.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Despicable Me is quality
Wall:E is pretty good
Toy Story 3 good
The Incredibles meh
Up meh (I agree with [MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION])
Ice Age films are a bit of a laugh
Happy Feet is ok

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Despicable Me, funniest animation since 2000 hands down. Or in the words of Gru himself - GAME OVER!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This. I would say the first half hour is brilliant. Then when it gets to the "lost world" stuff its just dull dull dull.

Same with WALL E when he finally gets to the fat people spaceship it becomes just another cartoon.
But both have some of the strongest opening sections in cinema.
I think Wall e manages to carry it through, certainly further than Up.

Oh and series 3 of BB arrived today yay.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
These. I like Pixar stuff but I think The Incredibles is their most overrated work by a long way. Don't care about the plot, don't care about the characters, what's so good about it?

Even critics acclaimed it as one of the best films of 2004. Its a great homage to the 60s superhero/spy genre and a mans midlife crisis. But anyway its not your cup of tea and thats fine.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But both have some of the strongest opening sections in cinema.
I think Wall e manages to carry it through, certainly further than Up.

Oh and series 3 of BB arrived today yay.

Yes thats what I said. But its because of those openings that people think they are brilliant. When actually they are not.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
UP is just brilliant, if you havent seen it you should make an effort to. Adventure is out there.

D

Deleted member 18477

i enjoyed Up.

Toy story 3 was fairly good.

don't forget Pokemon the first movie!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Even critics acclaimed it as one of the best films of 2004. Its a great homage to the 60s superhero/spy genre and a mans midlife crisis. But anyway its not your cup of tea and thats fine.

I know critics liked it, I didn't get it. It's alright, just doesn't float my boat as there's no emotional connection to the characters at all (Toy Story 3 and Up) and it's not funny either (Monsters Inc). I'm not big on superhero films so maybe that explains it a bit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes thats what I said. But its because of those openings that people think they are brilliant. When actually they are not.

Up is superb from start to finish. Great start, great middle, great end. Great characters, great plot, and funny too. Ticks every box.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Up is superb (although I agree that it can't quite sustain the brilliance of its first 20 minutes) and Toy Story 3 is better than the first two in the series - an almost unprecedented achievement.

Have to agree with Stat Brother though, Spirited Away blows anything else out of the water

The Curse of the Were-Rabbit obviously. Computer animation, whilst clever, is not really animation shirley?

Seconded - I love their "home made" style and the English humour - "...the beast isn't actually dead yet, ooops" cracks me up every time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here