Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Albion goal you've ever seen in the flesh?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Famously it was never recorded. Nelson mentioned that in an interview i saw not long back though i forget where. Wish i'd been there, it sounded sublime.

It was first round of the FA Cup, so it should have been in the regional sports coverage somewhere - either in the south or London...

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
It was first round of the FA Cup, so it should have been in the regional sports coverage somewhere - either in the south or London...

Maybe but only saying what I saw. Nelson laughed when he was told it wasn't ever recorded and said something like we'd have to take his word that it was the best goal he ever scored.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
My old boy took me to the Goldstone mid-seventies, and said Spider Mellor had scored with a bicycle kick direct from a corner the week before. We get a corner from the south-west corner of the pitch, and over it comes into the six-yard box for Mr. Mellor to repeat the feat. Bang! :smile:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Nelson at Ggriffin Park and Zamora v halifax

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I was at Brentford. I would love to see that goal again, just to prove to myself that it really was the best I've ever seen.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Another one for Nelson at brentford

Not forgetting the pen he buried up there too

One of the best pens I've ever seen by an Albion player

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
As mentioned above:

Stuart munday v Leicester 1994

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
Garry nelson v brentford sublime. Also, Frank Worthington in the North Goal at the Goldstone v ? about 1985 I think?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think an honourable mention should go to Calderon for the screamer that beat James last season at the Amex.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Paul Clark at home to Spurs in the 3-1 win back in 78. Ran 75 yards (which believe me was way beyond his physical limitations) before straight legging it with his left peg into the far bottom corner.

Not a spectacular hit, just a stunning individual effort, as he somehow left proper athletes in his wake!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here