Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Albion Debut ??

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Mine would go to Danny Wilson in the 3-1 win against Cardiff City at the Goldstone in December 1983. Two goals including a back heel from what I've heard !!. Brilliant midfielder and captain for the Albion !:clap: :clap:

Pork Sword

Banned
Jan 5, 2007
Remember Brian Wade getting 4 v Newcastle in i think his second game. I think his debut was away to Wolves and he scored there as well.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Spunk Bubble said:
Mine would go to Danny Wilson in the 3-1 win against Cardiff City at the Goldstone in December 1983. Two goals including a back heel from what I've heard !!. Brilliant midfielder and captain for the Albion !:clap: :clap:

I remember that game. Danny Wilson :bowdown:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Peter Ward, came on and scored, the rest is history:clap:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Best Albion Debut ??

British Bulldog said:
I remember that game. Danny Wilson :bowdown:

Oh yes :love:

And John Keeley in his day, even with the Limahl hair :love:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
NMH said:
Howabout a player who scored before the ink was dry on the team sheet?

How many seconds was it? 52 or summat?

12 seconds.

Seagull Stew

Darren Freeman.

A Hat-trick, a 6-0 win, and our first (competitive) game back in Brighton!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Icy Gull said:
Peter Ward, came on and scored, the rest is history:clap:

We knew he had to be good putting Fred Binney in the shade, and the other side had the renowned Dixie McNeil. And who was the best striker in Division 3, Dixie McNeil or Fred Binney?

Gawd knows how many were at Hereford, the ground was bursting at the seams with 18,000 or so and Albion had already blown promotion.

Can tell a good player from his first touch of the ball and before the minute was up Wardy "had shot he scored it must be ...". McNeil handballed in an equaliser.

Wardy did not do much the rest of the match though.

Tony Towner's debut against Luton when the Albion had lost 13 games on the trot and were bottom of the table was impressive.

Must be other better. I mised Kit Napiers two goals in a 5-2 win against Peterborough. The most eagerly awaited debut was Bobby Smith against barrow when 20,000+ turned up for a Fourth Division game. Followed by 22,000+ the following Tuesday against Oxford United.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
kuipers has never done anything wrong in his albion career, so i imagine his debut was IMMENSE

Jimbo26

Jan 25, 2007
Portslade Old Village
perseus said:
We knew he had to be good putting Fred Binney in the shade, and the other side had the renowned Dixie McNeil. And who was the best striker in Division 3, Dixie McNeil or Fred Binney?

Gawd knows how many were at Hereford, the ground was bursting at the seams with 18,000 or so and Albion had already blown promotion.

Can tell a good player from his first touch of the ball and before the minute was up Wardy "had shot he scored it must be ...". McNeil handballed in an equaliser.

Wardy did not do much the rest of the match though.

Tony Towner's debut against Luton when the Albion had lost 13 games on the trot and were bottom of the table was impressive.

Must be other better. I mised Kit Napiers two goals in a 5-2 win against Peterborough. The most eagerly awaited debut was Bobby Smith against barrow when 20,000+ turned up for a Fourth Division game. Followed by 22,000+ the following Tuesday against Oxford United.
Good stuff !!.:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here