[Music] Best 70s Music

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are you mentioned in there?

Do you recall all the tiny venues such as Papillon, Alhambra, New Regent and The Basement? I was early teens so missed out, but one of my older brothers did it all.

Talking of obscure books, I bought and read one about clubbing in the 80's, much of it about Brighton. Loved it.

Was delighted to be asked to contribute to that book. So took the authors up on their offer bigtime. Think I contributed about a third of the punk section of the book in the end, as well as supplying many of the photos from that era. The book dedication is to my late bruv.

Buccaneer, Alhambra, Art College Basement, New Regent, Attrix Records, was WELL in the thick of it. Used to pen-pal Helen McCookerybook from my bedsit to her bookshop. Bloomin' LOVED The Chefs! Even promoted The Piranhas in Chatham's best pub venue once. Skinheads turned up. As always with those low IQ nazi c*nts, it didn't end well :down:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Rod Temperton, Cleethorpe's finest. Check out his songwriting credits, apart from the Heatwave hits

Thriller, Off the Wall, Rock with You - Michael Jackson
Give me the Night - George Benson
Baby, come to me - James Ingram

and loads of others https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Temperton#Songwriting_credits

To be fair i do know of him and his songwriting, or did I?
I am a big fan of George Benson but I did not know that Temperton wrote his biggest hit, Give Me The Night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here