Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
This is difficult but sticking to the band brief:
1. Queen 1986 Cologne
2. Rush 1988 Frankfurt
3. Pink Floyd 1988 Dortmund
Serving in Germany was great.

If including solo artists then
David Bowie 1987 RockamRing goes to number one and Eric Clapton 1990 Knebworth is knocking on the door.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Oasis, Finsbury Park early 2000s. Went with my dad and it was awesome.

Cymbals Eat Guitars, Underworld, one of their only forays into Europe and one of a few before they broke up.

The Correspondents at Love Supreme. Such an incredible show. I was floating pleasantly on a chemical cloud as well with my mates, one of those times when literally nothing is wrong with the world.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Stone Roses - Melbourne (first half was average but they got their groove halfway through Fools Gold and never looked back. Complete with Ian Brown temper tantrum involving him throwing a bin at someone.

Ride - The Event. Wall of sound, so loud so good.

Paul Weller - Royal Albert Hall around Wild Wood time.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Completely forgot seeing Ride great band and performance.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Seen 100s of bands over 40 years, and still go to 5-6 gigs each year pre/post-COVID, so a tough call:

The Stranglers
The Clash
The Manic Street Preachers ('The Holy Bible' Tour - last one with Richey Edwards)

But plenty of great gigs in the last 5 years too - Killing Joke, Half Man Half Biscuit, Suede, Sparks, Psychedelic Furs, Wire, The Monochrome Set, Lene Lovich, & Blancmange.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Chemical Brothers - Glastonbury 2007
Super Furry Animals - East Wing circa 1997
The Streets - C2 circa 2002

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The Fall
The Clash
Oasis

Seen The Fall a few times - rather like their fellow Mancunians New Order, their gigs were either brilliant, or an absolute shambles (probably due to the amount of alcohol consumed before they went on stage)!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seen The Fall a few times - rather like their fellow Mancunians New Order, their gigs were either brilliant, or an absolute shambles (probably due to the amount of alcohol consumed before they went on stage)!

I must have seen The Fall not far short of a three figure number of times, not including the time me and me bruv's band actually SUPPORTED them. MES swapped his line-up more often than Potter does. Like he said, words along the lines of "If it's me and me nan on bongos, then that's The Fall". Most astounding aspect of a Fall gig IMHO, was that they never started off with some new stuff, then built up to their 'Greatest Hits'. Very very rarely heard them play something live that I'd even heard on record, apart from maybe very earlydoors. Loved The Fall as a band above all others. RIP MES :down:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Kasabian - In something resembling the Concorde in Munich
Specials in the Event in about 77 (I was 13 1st gig I ever went to)
Madness on Clapham Common not the greatest performance but goodbye to a great band live.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Kings X
Living Colour
Faith No More

I saw all these bands back in the day.

I was really into Faith No More; first saw them with a crowd of around 50 when they played my uni on their Introduce Yourself tour. Chuck Moseley RIP. Fast forward a short while and I saw them play a one-off Marquee gig with Mike Patton around the time Real Thing was being released. I think I actually went to both nights at the Marquee. A two-off to be more precise.

Happy days.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Crosby Stills and Nash - many times

The Who - Dunstable Civic Hall, just around the time they'd done (or going to do) Woodstock

Saw Doctors - many times, and always with copious Guinness, ironically the best I've seen them was behind the main stand at Lingfield Race Course, after a race meeting - and I didn't even know they were gonna be there.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Did you ever see The Bureau?

Yes In 2005 and 2008 . The Borderline Club was one of the venue's small and tight . The Gig was fantastic ,spent most of the night having a beer or 2 with Mark Lamarr and he was a good crack. 2nd venue was London but for the life of me can't remember where ,another tight small venue but was a good night . It's a shame they all fell out again.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I must have seen The Fall not far short of a three figure number of times, not including the time me and me bruv's band actually SUPPORTED them. MES swapped his line-up more often than Potter does. Like he said, words along the lines of "If it's me and me nan on bongos, then that's The Fall". Most astounding aspect of a Fall gig IMHO, was that they never started off with some new stuff, then built up to their 'Greatest Hits'. Very very rarely heard them play something live that I'd even heard on record, apart from maybe very earlydoors. Loved The Fall as a band above all others. RIP MES :down:

I'm well into double figures for The Fall (nowhere near you though) saw some absolute shockers and some stunners. My favourite was probably at the Old Market in 2007 with the blokes from Darker My Love in the band. Reformation Post TLC is one of my least favourite Fall albums but live the band were superb. It would probably have made my top 3 if I hadn't concussed myself stage diving after about half an hour.

Anyway the best bands I've seen live are:

Tindersticks
Throwing Muses/ Kristin Hersh
American Music Club/ Mark Eitzel.

Seen them all about 20 times and always superb.

3 acts I've only seen once who were magnificent, Guided By Voices, Drive By Truckers and Richard Thompson.

Favourite gigs is a different matter but #1 is David Bowie on the Glass Spider Tour. I know it's generally regarded as bloated nonsense and the songs from 'Never Let Me Down' are shit but I was 16 years old, went with my girlfriend to Wembley and thoroughly enjoyed myself, so there. #2 'Rollercoaster' at The Brighton Centre (J.A.M.C, Dinosaur Jr, MBV and Blur) #3 Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds on Hastings Pier (all of Abattoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus, then an hour long encore of back catalogue)

Looking forward to next year as hopefully most of the delayed gigs I've got tickets for will come off ... Drive By Truckers, The Wedding Present (twice), Teenage Fanclub, Robert Forster, Swans, Rolling Blackouts C.F., Dean Wareham and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here