Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best 11 with what we've got now

Jan 13, 2010
Bedfordshire
Ok everyone on here knows a lot more than me - so excite me!

Give me our team that will walk out for the first match of next season, with the players we've got confirmed so far (plus the system you would play them)

I'm hoping it will be such an exciting line up that I can relax and not worry about us trying to sign anyone else!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brezovan

Hoyte (extended loan looks likely)
Painter
Elphick
El Abd

Bennett
Navarro
Dicker/Prutton
LuaLua (again, good chance I reckon)

Murray
The elusive BIG NAME striker

So, looking at that, I would say there isn't a MAJOR overhaul required.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I think we will have an additional 4 players brought in over the summer otherwise it would be:

Brez

McNulty
Painter (New captain?)
Elphick
El Abd

Bennett
Navarro
Dicker
Carroll

Murray
Holdroyd

You did say work with what we definitely have.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
CAN EVERYONE JUST CHILL IT'S BLOODY MAY STILL AND A LONG TIME TILL NEXT SEASON FFS. We'll sign shite loads of players I can assure u - let's not bloody ruush into it and get the wrong men...

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
CAN EVERYONE JUST CHILL IT'S BLOODY MAY STILL AND A LONG TIME TILL NEXT SEASON FFS. We'll sign shite loads of players I can assure u - let's not bloody ruush into it and get the wrong men...

I think you're the one who needs to chill out...dude.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Brezovan

Whing
El-Abd
Elphick
Painter

Bennett
Dicker
Navarro
Caskey
Dickinson

Murray

I think we will have an additional 4 players brought in over the summer otherwise it would be:

Brez

McNulty
Painter (New captain?)
Elphick
El Abd

Bennett
Navarro
Dicker
Carroll

Murray
Holdroyd

You did say work with what we definitely have.

I assume you only mean 4 first team players, which I disagree with and surely you don't mean in total we need 4? we would struggle to fill the bench each week!

If we are seriously looking at promotion we need 10 players to be brought in and that includes the 'likely' loans of Hoyte and Lua Lua. If we are going to get promoted i would hope the team will look like this come 1st of Sept:
..............................new GK..............................
new RB............Elphick.........new CB(Doherty)..........Painter
...........................new DM.....................................
.................new Cm...............new CM.................
Bennett....................................................Lua Lua
...........................new striker................................
subs:
Brezovan
El-Abd
Hoyte
Dicker
new CM
new winger
Murray

And there you have it, the Murraymints fast track to promotion. :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I assume you only mean 4 first team players, which I disagree with and surely you don't mean in total we need 4? we would struggle to fill the bench each week!

If we are seriously looking at promotion we need 10 players to be brought in and that includes the 'likely' loans of Hoyte and Lua Lua. If we are going to get promoted i would hope the team will look like this come 1st of Sept:
..............................new GK..............................
new RB............Elphick.........new CB(Doherty)..........Painter
...........................new DM.....................................
.................new Cm...............new CM.................
Bennett....................................................Lua Lua
...........................new striker................................
subs:
Brezovan
El-Abd
Hoyte
Dicker
new CM
new winger
Murray

And there you have it, the Murraymints fast track to promotion. :thumbsup:

The oft-repeated phrase TIME TO GEL comes to mind. We'd come about 12th with that many new players in the starting line up

The oft-repeated phrase TIME TO GEL comes to mind. We'd come about 12th with that many new players in the starting line up

Teams that aren't good enough need 'time to gel'. You buy/sign the right players and have a good pre-season then you will be OK and I strongly believe that is what Gus will do.

Reasons we didn't do well under Slade was because:
. We had a shabby Pre-Season against lower league teams and got done by Crawley.
. Disciplinary record in early season was piss poor
. And we started with a pretty average team, no Bennett and we made some mediocre signings in key areas i.e. Dickinson, J.Wright, M.Wright.

Swindon signed about 13 players and they didn't take that long to gel and look where they are now. We get the right players in and Gus knows his strongest team then we will certainly be a force to be reckoned with.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think you're the one who needs to chill out...dude.

Sorry DUDE, my use of capital letters wasn't a need to chill out dude. I just meant, dude, that, you know, dude, everyone needs to chill out...

Dude. :dunce:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Brezovan
Strong
Elphick (C)
El-Abd
Painter
Bennett
Navarro
Dicker
McNulty
Holroyd
Murray

:albion2: Good old Sussex by the Sea.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not including loans and only currently contracted players:

Brezovan

Painter
Elphick
Tunnicliffe
ElAbd

Navarro
Dicker
Caskey

Carole
Bennet
Murray

would be a 4-5-1, 4-3-3 formation that we have used so well in the end of last season.
Navarro holding with Carole and Bennet out wide.
My main concern would be Caskey and his lack of experience.

Carole is not ours was only on a week to week but been invited back for pre season

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
New GK

New RB
Elphick
New CB
Painter

Bennet
Navaro
New CM
New LM (Hopefully Lua Lua)

Murray
New Striker

Subs-
Brezovan
El-abd
Mcnulty
Dicker
New Midfielder (Hendrie?)
New Winger/ Holroyd
New Striker (Barnes?)

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I wouldn't be surprised if Caskey plays a lot of games for us next season - If they are good enough they are old enough.
What about Tunnicliffe CB ?
Also looks like Dunk will be a good back up at CB - I think Doherty would be a great signing.
Other than age I would say that prutton is a better CM than Crofts - hoope we get him.
If we can get Lua Lua and Hoyte on season loans I think we should splash all the cash on :
Striker and attacking CM

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
the Spaniard - David Alba - who trialled at the end of the season, may well be back as additional cover at centre back

article dated 3rd May:
David Alba has left the subsidiary Celta Vigo to try his luck in England. The center formed in the lower categories of Rayo Vallecano be tested in the Brighton & Hove Albion, a team that has recently been interested in recruitment.

Former rayista leaves a good taste in Vigo subsidiary, the team has done their usual efficiency at the center of defense. Central in his own words, he only is the bug of "not being able to progress enough to make the jump to the first team."

Next stop, England

After gaining promotion to Second with Rayo Vallecano, David Alba has played for Celta B during the past two seasons. A few days ago the two sides reached an agreement to terminate the contract that bound him to the club blue. The reason for this cancellation is the new adventure that has decided to start in central Brighton English team Coca-Cola Football League 1 directed by Gustavo Poyet.

The technical interest of the Uruguayan player franjirroja has a long history, though it has now emerged as the opportunity to realize the signing. If all goes well, and Alba exceeds the tests to be submitted in the coming days, the opportunity to prove his worth will come from the hand of Seagulls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here