Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bespoke Kits or Catalogue Kits from 'Cool' manufacturers?

Bespoke or Catalogue

• Total voters

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This one? Agree, looks very nice, except that panel on the back for the number, too big.

View attachment 50963

I like this too, but think the panel on the back is just about the right size as well, leaves plenty of room for the squad number and player's name to be visible too. Reminds me very much of Wigan's from the back view.

Just a shame Errea won't be making it for us. No iron-on transfers then.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are you suggesting Villa (a) is not a Masterpiece? :lolol:

Probably not, no.

My favourite non Albion kit this season- by an absolute mile- is the West Ham home shirt. It's completely classic.

Sadly if we go with adidas, we won't get anything bespoke & beautiful like that, we'll get an off the peg kit, more's the pity.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Probably not, no.

My favourite non Albion kit this season- by an absolute mile- is the West Ham home shirt. It's completely classic.

Sadly if we go with adidas, we won't get anything bespoke & beautiful like that, we'll get an off the peg kit, more's the pity.

I guess it's all a personal thing, but I quite like Napolis third kit this year, by Macron.
e7u3uhyp.jpg

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Probably not, no.

the problem with adidas is their bespoke stuff is normally marvellous - but you can't get any more hideous than their teamwear stuff - panelling everywhere - absolutely shambolic

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The away shirt might take a bit more of a leap of faith though
5azusyza.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Probably not, no.

I know it's very popular, but I think it's the worst West Ham shirt for ages. The claret is too red, the blue is too pale, and if it was a true WHU classic, the only white on it would be the number. Football, eh? Game of opinions ...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know it's very popular, but I think it's the worst West Ham shirt for ages. The claret is too red, the blue is too pale, and if it was a true WHU classic, the only white on it would be the number. Football, eh? Game of opinions ...

Maybe it's because I'm (not) a Londoner...

...that I'm not bothered about the shades of claret & blue involved then. I just love the style of it :)

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'm not a Spurs fan and I hate rugby, but I love Under Armour kit so that's who I'd prefer.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I loved Errea, and we had a long and productive relationship with them. I think l'm right in saying that along with Middlesborough and Norwich City, we were the first English club to sign a contract with them, when we moved back to Brighton to play at Withdean.

Their kits were almost without exception, clean, stylish, and easy on the eye , and there is something about wearing a kit that is totally unique to our club.

Just a shame that we couldn't find a way to renew our contract for another two or three years.

Despite the design of some of the kits, I understand that the club's patience ran out with Errea when they failed to deliver a number of kits for their Academy teams the year before last. In addition, there have been issues with the quality of the kits over recent years and the materials used in the stitching.

That said, I still think this years away kit is probably one of the best ones we've had

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Interesting thread. I don't give a stuff who makes it, I just want it to be durable and comfortable. Looks like the poll is proving that the Nike and Adidas wanters are just a very vocal minority.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would love white socks, white short, and a white shirt with an Ajax-style (but obviously blue rather than red) wide stripe down the middle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here