Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Berwick-upon-Tweed

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Going up there on a family holiday in a couple of weeks, we are staying in spittal, this time we will have a car, so hopefully we will get to a few more places near by, have any of you been to berwick-upon-tweed? any recommendations?

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
The belhaven brewery isnt a million miles away, however it tastes like shit. Also a bloke sometimes stands on the border being wearing a kilt thinking he's braveheart. You could always spend some time throwing rotten fruit at the twat. Hope this helps!:)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought this thread was about something else entirely

I guess it's a result of growing up in the late 70s and early 80s :angel:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
My favourite beach in the UK is about 30 minutes from there. Drive to North Berwick in Scotland, and find Seacliff:
http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/northberwick/seacliff/index.html

I'm biased as some of my family live in the tiny estate village live there, and have had family connections for generations (my great-grandmother worked in the old house).

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Going up there on a family holiday in a couple of weeks, we are staying in spittal, this time we will have a car, so hopefully we will get to a few more places near by, have any of you been to berwick-upon-tweed? any recommendations?

You can look at a lot of brick bridges if you are into that sort of thing. I suppose it's no worse than trainspotting? LOL

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Stayed in Spittal on holiday on numerous occasions but long time ago.

I you want a fantastic beach try Scremerston which is just a few miles south.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Bamburgh Castle, Lindisfarne (Holy Island) both worth a visit.

Also Alnwick Castle and Gardens are worth a trip to.

Last edited:

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
You can look at a lot of brick bridges if you are into that sort of thing. I suppose it's no worse than trainspotting? LOL

:lol: nothing wrong with a bit of trainspotting, ask the Charlton fans.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Rangers are playing there soon!

I'm up there for that game, rangers got there wish, its there first league game in England, the game was originally against Stranraer.

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
A few years ago we stayed in a cottage in Bamburgh(in view of the castle and opposite the cemetry where Grace Darling is buried). We visited Berwick several times,very interesting history changing hands several times! We parked at Berwick Station as a starting point for visiting Edinburgh by train,picturesque journey by rail along the coast depositing you within the hour in the centre of Edinburgh.Seahouses just south of Bamburgh is the place to visit for trips to the Farne Islands to see the Puffins and the Seals.

harmsey

May 20, 2011
my wife has family in northumberland (although she's born and bread in brighton!) and we have been many times the beach and castle at bamburgh is good, seahouses is nice with a nice chippy endorsed by the hairy bikers, humbleton hill in wooler for a walk if you like that sort of thing! alnwick castle is nice the metro centre at gateshead for shopping and chester le street if there is any cricket on! hope that helps

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Craster and the walk to Dunstanburgh Castle. The castle is a ruin but I've always found something romantic about that spot.

Oct 25, 2003
if it didn't have such god awful weather northumberland would be absolutely amazing

my mum grew up in a place called amble (bit of a shit hole) but the countryside around it, the beaches, the vast array of top quality castles is beyond belief

and you've got lindisfarne....not often you get to drive in the SEA

would highly recommed alnwick and bamburgh for some top quality castle viewing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here