Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bernie Ecclestone trial!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very disappointing. Especially as Germany did seem to be setting a bench mark with the jailing of Uli Hoeness.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
It makes you wonder whether a man worth £4.2billion! has not only reached a 'settlement' with the German courts but maybe he has somehow managed to convince the judge to accept that 'settlement'. Everyone has their price after all, i know i would certainly accept a stonkingly obscene amount of money in a secret swiss bank account to make an 'alternative' decision.

The entire system is corrupt, F1, FIFA, The Olympics, etc etc the list goes on and on.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I caught a bit of the report about this on SSN and it was saying how Ron Dennis, Nikki Lauda and others had come out in support of Bernie.

I wonder what $pecifically led them to $peak out...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
F1's smallest person currently on trial in Germany on bribery charges looks set to get off after offering the court a £60million payment ... Cough .. Bribe.

Guilty as charged then if he does ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It seems that money can buy anything these days.........................

Eh, Bernie? Enjoy your next long-legged blonde model 'girlfriend', who just LUUURVES small older men.........

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
I find this really disgusting, but then almost everything about Bernie Ecclestone disgusts me.

Here's a man who dodges tax on an industrial scale, yet has the nerve to demand that Governments stump up the cash for his white elephant race tracks. No wonder he donated money to Tony Blair: the pair of them are morally bankrupt, and in thrall to extreme wealth.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Maybe it's a cunning trap, to prove he's capable of bribery. Tomorrow the court will say "fooled you" and send him off to prison.

Or not. Bizarre and obscene.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It isn't technically a bribe if a mutually accepted ex-gratia payment is okayed to reach a settlement :laugh:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think its genius that you can pay a settlement to get off a bribery charge.

however, has anyone actually read anything about the reasons? far as i can tell, there is a weak case and the court is taking a way out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here