Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bernardo

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Many of our new signings are better technical players than their positional competition.
Bernardo is better than Bong
Montoya is better than Bruno
Jahanbakhsh is better than March
Bissouma is better than Stephens
Andone is better than Murray

CH is more interested in who will do the job he wants them to do and understandably regularly opts for players he has worked with for longer. None of those who make it into our matchday squad are poor players, all are very capable of stepping in whenever called upon. I obviously have those that I'd prefer to see playing regularly but I completely understand why CH chooses those that he does. What irritates me is when fans critisise players claiming they're not good enough, when clearly they get plenty of minutes for a premier league side so must be pretty decent

Still a little bit too careless in possession for my liking. Adds pace to a team in desperate need of it, swings and roundabouts

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
Agreed Bernardo is and will be a better player than Bong. Bong is more than a capable number 2 left back. The Jury is still out on the better Crosser of the ball. Did not see many pearlers today but I am sure they will come.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Many of our new signings are better technical players than their positional competition.

Maybe it’s the drink, or perhaps the time of night but it’s a term I hear a lot but don’t quite understand - what is a technical player?
Can they do more keepy uppies?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm sure I'll be accused of bashing Bong by default but I thought Bernardo took his chance today. Surely his shirt to lose? Although, I appreciate it was "only" Huddersfield.

His first couple of games aside, he has played very very very well. And let’s not forget he’s young and still learning. We will be fending off big bids in a year or two. Imho he’s the real deal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Too honest. Needs to go down at the barest sniff of any contact. Every other ****er does it.

As I say above, he’s still learning!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Maybe it’s the drink, or perhaps the time of night but it’s a term I hear a lot but don’t quite understand - what is a technical player?
Can they do more keepy uppies?

A players ability, vision, flair and raw talent. Although decision making may be lacking and subsequently they may not be the best option or even the preferred option as they have an unpredictability about them

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Montoya may well be the adequate long term replacement for Bruno, but better than the great man in his prime? Hmmmm................... If he ever gets there, he will be a very, very good player indeed!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
A players ability, vision, flair and raw talent. Although decision making may be lacking and subsequently they may not be the best option or even the preferred option as they have an unpredictability about them

I always thought that it was another word for skilful. It always annoyed me that we are given the impression that only foreign players are "technical". Loads of our players are technical/skilful witness our success at U17 upwards. World champions in different age groups but we persist in putting down our own players. Rant over.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Bernardo is better than Bong No shit
Montoya is better than Bruno If they were the same age Bruno better by miles
Jahanbakhsh is better than March Hopefully
Bissouma is better than Stephens lLoads of promise but very rough around the edges
Andone is better than Murray Different type of player, Murray has been great but not a miracle worker

CH is more interested in who will do the job he wants them to do and understandably regularly opts for players he has worked with for longer. None of those who make it into our matchday squad are poor players, all are very capable of stepping in whenever called upon. I obviously have those that I'd prefer to see playing regularly but I completely understand why CH chooses those that he does. What irritates me is when fans critisise players claiming they're not good enough, when clearly they get plenty of minutes for a premier league side so must be pretty decent

Hopefully they will all start to hit some form, we have had to be patient.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I don't suppose it's possible that Bernardo and Bong have different strengths and weaknesses, a bit like Bissouma/Gross, Murray/Andone or March/Knockaert?

Nah! You're right, one is brilliant, the other is crap, just need to decide which is which this week :shrug:

Bernardo is not BRILLIANT, but he is better than Bong, who is a good cover option for when Bernardo is out for whatever reason. As a club we should always look to improve in our weakest position, and that has been at left back until Bernardo came along. Next up should be the strike force, unfortunately, again.

People need to stop being so blindly loyal to players, cos they sure as hell do not offer it back.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
His first couple of games aside, he has played very very very well. And let’s not forget he’s young and still learning. We will be fending off big bids in a year or two. Imho he’s the real deal.

The only bad game he's had as far as I recall was the first game of the season, when played out of position.

He's comfortably first choice, or should be.

We'll get bids for him and Bissouma as early as the coming summer in my opinion.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Bernardo can also misplace a cross or pass (as he did several times yesterday) without producing a collective groan from the Amex audience.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
As others have said, Bernardo is just a better player all round. In particular he actually passes to our players rather than hitting passes into channels and just hoping someone is running on to them. Gives the ball away so often which has been hurting us recently.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Bong has upped his game recently but Bernardo is starting to show that he is going to become a very very good footballer. Really impressed with how he improving every week.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As others have said, Bernardo is just a better player all round. In particular he actually passes to our players rather than hitting passes into channels and just hoping someone is running on to them. Gives the ball away so often which has been hurting us recently.
Not going to get involved in the 'who is better, Bong or Bernardo?' debate - but "hitting passes into channels and just hoping someone is running on to them" is a bit unfair to use as criticism of Bong. There bl**dy well should be somebody running into those channels!

Perhaps we need a bit more pace up front (I wonder if anybody has mentioned that....... :lol: )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here