Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bernado fernandes

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A mention for Balogun as well, I thought he was excellent again today. Shame we don't play three at the back! As I think there's not much to choose between him, Dunk and Duffy.
I think Balogun made quite a few mistakes. We wouldn't have conceded the first had Dunk been playing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tbh as soon as lacazette touches the ball from baloguns “clearance” he should’ve been flagged offside
As soon as it hit him he was active and offside
No, because Bernardo took a touch first, and as soon as he did that Lacazette became free to go and challenge for the ball.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think Balogun made quite a few mistakes. We wouldn't have conceded the first had Dunk been playing.

This. I think in the games he's played he's shown himself to be a capable stand in for Dunk or Duffy but he's also shown why they are first choice. We look much better with those two playing and I'm delighted they'll be back together for the period that Ryan is away.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)

Yea agreed. I didn't realise at the time how involved he was in their goal till I saw the highlights. No doubting that Dunk and Duffy are the first choice pair.

I've been impressed with Balogun tho, definately good enough to step in when needed.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
He was superb today, love how keen he is to get forward.

A mention for Balogun as well, I thought he was excellent again today. Shame we don't play three at the back! As I think there's not much to choose between him, Dunk and Duffy.

Balogun should have cleared first man with the initial clearance or let it go out for a throw, then executed a drag back on the penalty spot which led to him being dispossessed by Lacazette for their goal. Two errors that led to the goal were his fault.

See also below:

Balogun is a strange player, looks a great center back 95% of the match but makes a mistake a game that leads to a goal. Didnt pick up his man v MU, rash tackle on Zaha for Palace pen, shocking pass v Chelsea, didnt close down Brooks v Bournemouth and failed to clear the ball yesterday. Imagine if Bong had that catalogue of errors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Very good. Just gets a bit too excited sometimes and makes the wrong choice. Massive upgrade on Bong.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Balogun should have cleared first man with the initial clearance or let it go out for a throw, then executed a drag back on the penalty spot which led to him being dispossessed by Lacazette for their goal. Two errors that led to the goal were his fault.

See also below:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being slightly harsh on him I think. He has often been thrown in the deep end by playing against some decent teams.

Still, I find myself agreeing on the whole. What you want out of your main CB cover is someone who isn't going to make mistakes and/or rash decisions. Unfortunately there has been no shortage of that from Balogun. Still think he's a great player but needs to learn.

Dunk and Duffy tomorrow please.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair enough, what Dermot says makes sense. So he doesn't become offside when the ball hits him, he becomes offside when he moves towards the ball, to pin Balogun in the corner.

If that is the rule, how the hell didn't the linesman notice?

Wrong according to Dermot Gallagher so I'll take that with a pinch of salt!!!
When something is questionable, he usually sticks up for the officials. This time he's gone against them. I too wouldn't just assume he's right without listening to his point, but what he says makes sense. Presumably he's not just making it up, and that is the rule.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, because Bernardo took a touch first, and as soon as he did that Lacazette became free to go and challenge for the ball.
Er, that should have been Balogun took a touch first, not Bernardo.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What a performance again. Snip at 9 million.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was watching highlights earlier. Some of his play wriggling out of tight situations is truly amazing; it really is.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Awesome. Yet again. He really is the real deal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here