Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Berlin eateries.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Herr. That is fantastisch. Will certainly try some of these places.

Most helpful. Thanks

A pleasure. I was thinking, whilst Berlin isn't really the city for a pork knuckle if you do fancy one try the Augustina Brauhaus http://www.augustiner-braeu-berlin.de/. This is a restaurant of the famous Augustina brewery in Munchen and you will find all of the hearty Bavarian dishes you can think of... Plus some more and with great beer. Have fun and please let us know how you get on

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The trouble with asking Herr Tubthumper for help is that you then need to spend at least three weeks in Berlin trying everything out. Berlin really is a fantastic city.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The trouble with asking Herr Tubthumper for help is that you then need to spend at least three weeks in Berlin trying everything out. Berlin really is a fantastic city.

:thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How did you get on Mr @Eggman ?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Try a Berlin Weisse - a local beer. It is a wheat beer that usually comes with a coloured flavoured syrup. From memory, you can get it is red, blue or green.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Great city, go there every year for work.

In addition to the above, if in/passing through Potsdamer Platz might I suggest the House of a Hundred Beers (or Haus der 100 Biere, or whatever). Does exactly what it says on the tin, plus great food. I recommend the Eisbein with everything on. Why WOULDN'T you want to eat in a restaurant with that name?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Try a Berlin Weisse - a local beer. It is a wheat beer that usually comes with a coloured flavoured syrup. From memory, you can get it is red, blue or green.

Are you serious? That stuff is disgusting.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I liked it! Nevertheless, its worth a try on a first trip to Berlin - another beer to tick off the list.

Fair point. My favourites are Augustine, Rothaus and Andechs. Berlin is now developing a small but significant craft beer scene as well...I was drinking a half decent "amber" last night.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
So. been back a while. Just got around to letting @Herr Tubthumper know how it went.

Loved it. One of may favourite cities visited. Was only there for three days and just didn't have enough time to see everything or enough belly room to try everything I wanted too. :tantrum:

One of the days we was there it rained ALL day. Which was the day we had earmarked to visit Prater Garten. So that was obviously empty, but we had a few beers around the area.

On the first evening we went to Schwarzwaldstuben. It was lovely. Great dark beer as expected and i had some stuffed fried pasta which was delicious. I can see why tou frequent this place Herr. Very relaxing and great food. Thanks.

We went midweek so the brewery was shut which was a shame.

On the 2nd day after a lot of early morning walking we visited Augustina for a pork knuckle. Very good indeed. Not the best I have ever had, but delightful all the same. Pork knuckle, bread and mustard with a beer. How can you go wrong?

Also spent a lot of time chilling at the Hackescher Markt. Nice bars by the river close to there. Had a decent sausage platter in a restaurant around here too.

Had some marvelous beers and some fresh warm pretzels at Brauhaus Mitte near the TV tower.

Thanks everyone, especially Herr Tubthumper for your tips. A fantastic city. Great beer/food, friendly locals, tons of history, lovely parks and architecture. Hope to get back ASAP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here