Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Berlin becomes first German city to make rent cap a reality

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All the tax deductable elements in the Guardian article you have quoted are tax deductable in all businesses.

True, but this doesn't mean exceptions cannot be made.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Modern Germany tend to look out for their citizans well, where as ours use every opportunity to bleed as much cash out of us as they possibly can! I'm actualy pretty envious of the Germans and their setup and think they are the most civilized and well run country on the planet at the moment. If it wasn't for strong ties and commitments here I would be off like a flash!

This.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
i dont beleive they do, they have problems with investment to renovate existing stock, and rent controls only apply to existing tenants that have been there for decades.

True, rent control does only apply for exsiting tenants who've been living in their accommodation for several decades but rent-regulation and rent stabilization also exist under the similar principles of rent control. My point being that rent control/ rent regulation hasn't made NYC a "dying city" and it seems to work for the people living there.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
True, but this doesn't mean exceptions cannot be made.

I would like to make the 'exception' that you are excluded from this forum..........but it's better we just make do with what the rules are.

You can of course always start or support a popular political party that gives you what you want and get things changed, but you didn't do that....you wanted Labour. Tough.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would like to make the 'exception' that you are excluded from this forum..........but it's better we just make do with what the rules are.

You can of course always start or support a popular political party that gives you what you want and get things changed, but you didn't do that....you wanted Labour. Tough.

You could of course discuss the the theme of this thread like everyone else, instead of taking it off track with some political nonsense. Have another go and come up with a constructive reply to the topic being discussed.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You could of course discuss the the theme of this thread like everyone else, instead of taking it off track with some political nonsense. Have another go and come up with a constructive reply to the topic being discussed.

The thread title definitely says.."Berlin becomes the first German City to make rent cap a reality".

I believe it was your post no 36 that changed the 'course of discussion' on this thread. (just checked and indeed it was !).

So please....have another go at criticising..."and come up with a constructive reply to the topic being discussed".

Incidentally, is your post no.38 your example of a 'discussion' ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The thread title definitely says.."Berlin becomes the first German City to make rent cap a reality".

I believe it was your post no 36 that changed the 'course of discussion' on this thread. (just checked and indeed it was !).

So please....have another go at criticising..."and come up with a constructive reply to the topic being discussed".

Incidentally, is your post no.38 your example of a 'discussion' ?

Whatever

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Nothing to do with immigration. Tory's won't allow more affordable houses to be built because the fewer properties there are, the more they can artificially raise the value of their own property portfolios. I think Labour were just as much to blame for the same thing.
Plenty of room to build more housing. Rich, influential, multi property owners screwing over the average citizen to make a fast buck. Disgraceful.

You are mad.

In 2014 rental demand in the UK soared by 18% according to official figures, as per article below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...n-potential-tenants-chase-every-property.html

Similarly, in 2014 immigration increased from 641,000 compared with 526,000 in 2013 according to the ONS; which is an increase of……………….drum roll……………….18%.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/migra...rterly-report/may-2015/sty-net-migration.html

Do you seriously think, notwithstanding the delicious concidental congruence, that these factors have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other?

Then again, dont respond if back in May you voted for a party that put up a half-wit Ed Balls to run the economy.................in that case your statement makes total sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here