Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Berbatov released by Monaco

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Can you imagine his work rate playing up front on his own in our team,

I'd cover more ground in the concourse queuing for a pint.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Can you imagine his work rate playing up front on his own in our team,

I'd cover more ground in the concourse queuing for a pint.
Yet somehow he'd still score 30 goals, without once cracking a smile or going above 5 Kemys per hour (my new unit for measuring slow speeds).

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Screen-Shot-2013-11-29-at-14.24.42.png

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
He's likely to go to a bigger club so don't hold your breath. Bournemouth are interested in him per BBC website.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kanchelskis, Owen, Berbatov. You have to love the close season at the Albion

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He's likely to go to a bigger club so don't hold your breath. Bournemouth are interested in him per BBC website.
Likely?! It's a cast iron guarantee!

There is absolutely no hope in hell of him coming here, at all, much as it would be utterly incredible and make many people (including myself) immensely happy.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I was at the Lancing training ground yesterday (daughter having a trial) and got chatting to a security guy. I asked if Zamora had been seen in the area ... he said he hadn't heard about that but he did know that Berbatov has been to look around.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was at the Lancing training ground yesterday (daughter having a trial) and got chatting to a security guy. I asked if Zamora had been seen in the area ... he said he hadn't heard about that but he did know that Berbatov has been to look around.
Excellent stuff.

And 2 weeks younger than Zamora, which is a plus.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I saw Berbatov and Zamora in the Cinema together in the Marina a couple of nights ago.

I also over-heard one of them mention something about a wonderkid girl who they spotted having a trial at the training ground.

Sounds like she's one for the future.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I saw Berbatov and Zamora in the Cinema together in the Marina a couple of nights ago.

I also over-heard one of them mention something about a wonderkid girl who they spotted having a trial at the training ground.

Sounds like she's one for the future.

I thought they were discussing scoring with her.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

I expect he's seen this thread :lol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Fab player but he has been at Monaco for the last year who pay phenomenal wages. We cant cant compete with what other clubs will pay him. That's not the reason we wont go for him though I don't think. I think he is just not in the age bracket that CH will be looking to buy

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Fab player but he has been at Monaco for the last year who pay phenomenal wages. We cant cant compete with what other clubs will pay him. That's not the reason we wont go for him though I don't think. I think he is just not in the age bracket that CH will be looking to buy

so Zamora is out of the question too then? in your opinion?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I expect he's seen this thread :lol:

Quite possibly. He wasn't pretending to have any inside info any more than I am by passing on his comments.

He had some interesting info about the way things work at Lancing and had good things to say about most of the players. We only saw limited parts of the facility yesterday but it was all very impressive. The kind of place that will certainly make an impact on any potential signings ... whether that means Berbatov, Bobby or Barry Shitpeas.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Forgetting all your loyalty to The Albion, think as if you were the player.
Two choices-
1/ Go to a lower league team (Championship) and take a big cut in wages. You will be worshiped like a god, free food in restaurants & people buy drinks in bars. And hopefully a few easy goals against bad keepers. But little wages for 50 game season
2/ Join a Premier League team on big money, play only a few games but still bank the money, score a couple of goals and get dropped but bank more money. Play 4 games because you're third in line for a match and most weeks aren't even on the bench, but bank more money.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
This could be a goer . A lot go to the coast to retire .

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
so Zamora is out of the question too then? in your opinion?

I could be wrong but YES - I don't think Zamora will be a potential signing due to his age. I think it will be people in the age group with a sell on fee in the future. I think they will be looking to unearth someone with future potential but who has played in the Championship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here