Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beram Kayal's market value

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
In fairness, the biggest difference between them and Kayal is that there is only one year left on Kayal's contract. That reduces his value dramatically. Otherwise I would agree with you. We turned down a lot of money (rumoured to be £4 million) for Stephens in the summer and we'd do the same with Kayal. However, if he doesn't sign a new contract, we're going to be under a bit more pressure to sell, although we're still not going to sell our best player in the summer for anywhere near £2.5 million!

Fair play I didn't know he only had a year left. As I said the things that limit his value is length of contract and age, both are issues here...

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I cannot think of one single player who has left our team to join a Premiership side which has helped to develop and improve their career. I think every single one of them would've done better to stay with us.

Bennett, Noone, Buckley, Bridcutt, Ulloa, Upson

Add Zamora to that list never improved at all at any PL club he went to, he was at his very best at Brighton.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What would you say our Israeli hero is worth in today's market?

In current Albion terms? Kayal is priceless. Between Andrew Crofts injury and before signing Kayal, we had a midfield with a soft centre that just rolled over - which was reflected in the results. We don't really need the six million quid or whatever. What we DO need is a Man Of Steel in midfield. Kayal would be extremely difficult to replace.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kayal is the best midfield player in the Championship. I wouldn't sell him unless he forced a move, if he did I'd be looking for something in the region of £10m. There are some mental valuations on here, £2.5m?!!! Really? Why on earth would they entertain that? What we paid is immaterial. The only limiting factors on his value are contract length and his age.

Yours is the most mental currently!

Considering what he is worth to our promotion push, and the amount we stand to gain by promotion, I don't think it's mental at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here