Beram Kayal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I thought according to NSC there are a lot of things that Andy Naylor is not aware of?

There was a time when I don't think he was on best terms with the club, and therefore not always on top of all the issues. He's been pretty spot on with his info lately though, so I'm happy to go along with him on this one.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
There was a time when I don't think he was on best terms with the club, and therefore not always on top of all the issues. He's been pretty spot on with his info lately though, so I'm happy to go along with him on this one.

The Wall of Burke has come down? ???

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I cant see an issue where a work permit is refused - he is already playing in the United Kingdom (and Scotland rejected independence). This about amending that work permit to fit in with a new employer - hence process.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I stand corrected - although my post was at least partly tongue in cheek.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
We always have this problem when we sign players from Welsh clubs.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They're not really rumours about the work permit. All they're saying is what we already know. I was referring to the post on another page of this thread saying there was a rumour that there was an issue with the work permit. None of those say that.

Eh? The first Andy Naylor Tweet I copied specifically mentions the work permit issue, as does the article on the Argus website

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I cant see an issue where a work permit is refused - he is already playing in the United Kingdom (and Scotland rejected independence). This about amending that work permit to fit in with a new employer - hence process.

We always have this problem when we sign players from Welsh clubs.

I think it has something to do with the national teams/FAs. The UK or Great Britain is irrelevant in these, due to UEFA/FIFA and the local FAs of where the club is, international clearance is the term that is often used, even if we're signing a player from a Welsh club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it has something to do with the national teams/FAs. The UK or Great Britain is irrelevant in these, due to UEFA/FIFA and the local FAs of where the club is, international clearance is the term that is often used, even if we're signing a player from a Welsh club.

That would be a formality between the Scottish FA and English FA for clearance as he has been playing and registered in Scotland. I would think it is more to do with a work permit for change of employers as he comes from Israel. Celtic will have obtained and hold his work permit.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
That would be a formality between the Scottish FA and English FA for clearance as he has been playing and registered in Scotland. I would think it is more to do with a work permit for change of employers as he comes from Israel. Celtic will have obtained and hold his work permit.

Don't believe it...the beaurocracy of having dealt with transfer of players from countries outside of the confines of the English FA is unbelievable and can take upto 2 weeks. as the player has an EU passport he is free under EU rules to move freely around to work.

Being involved in football myself you do hear of stories of players having to wait for ages for international clearance.

Oct 25, 2003
Don't believe it...the beaurocracy of having dealt with transfer of players from countries outside of the confines of the English FA is unbelievable and can take upto 2 weeks. as the player has an EU passport he is free under EU rules to move freely around to work.

Being involved in football myself you do hear of stories of players having to wait for ages for international clearance.

has he got an EU passport? has he gor dual nationality?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Well reported that he has "an EU passport" which must make him unique. Presumably he has a passport from an EU member nation but I've seen nothing to indicate which one. Guessing his parents will have emigrated to Israel and he qualifies through them although I thought he was of Arab rather than Jewish lineage.

Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Well reported that he has "an EU passport" which must make him unique. Presumably he has a passport from an EU member nation but I've seen nothing to indicate which one. Guessing his parents will have emigrated to Israel and he qualifies through them.

I believe he is an Arab Israeli.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

Agree.
Fooking joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports