Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beram Kayal - New Captain?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
based on what i have seen from him at home its 38 games too many

Yeah. He has many detractors especially a few around where i sit in the WSU who try and articulate that at loud volume most matches , but he will be Captain next season.
After that. Who knows...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I vote yes.

Greer is no longer a certain starter, nor is Calde.

Beram looks a natural born leader, works hard and is constantly talking to the other players.

Any alternatives?

Definitely - I said as much on his second appearance at the Amex (but then in the same match I also said we should haul off Calde just before he banged in that brace).

If Calde doesn't carry on then Beram will be the beating heart of the Albion next year.

Shipley8312

Aug 12, 2014
Yeah. He has many detractors especially a few around where i sit in the WSU who try and articulate that at loud volume most matches , but he will be Captain next season.
After that. Who knows...

I sit in N1D so for the first half of our home games he plays directly in front of me. he seems to constantly lose his man and his go to move is tell stockdale to give him the ball then pass it straight back to him.

for me i like stockdale for captain

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I vote yes.

Greer is no longer a certain starter, nor is Calde.

Beram looks a natural born leader, works hard and is constantly talking to the other players.

Any alternatives?

Works for me........players respect ability.....he has oodles of it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would keep Greer as club captain but make Stephens or Kayal team captain on match days. Crofts would also come into the picture but will he come back ok, we shall have to wait and see.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'd want to see a season of fitness (and consistency) from Crofts before putting him in the frame. Dead unlucky recently, but even when on the mend he didn't look the same player as before - I'm aware this is a harsh assessment, but to be Captain you need to be bulletproof I reckon.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Yeah good shout. Although I do fear the point around him leaving. We have to signal our intent early in the window or we will lose him, Stephens and ince.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Most importantly, the clubs needs to make it very clear he is a major asset and look after him.

If we had a tier system to rate our current players at Albion, he'd be on his own at the top, with Stephens, Dunk and Ince on the second level.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Without a doubt for me. In some of the away games he has looked like a 1 man team.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
NSC wanted to strip Greer of the captaincy before and give it to Bridcutt.
Then Bridcutt started sulking and NSC went all quiet about it.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Greer should remain club captain. If he is not on pitch along with Calde my choice would be Stephens.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Sounds good to me.
Oh god, don't start that. We've only got a couple of decent players, let's not assume they're off.

I rate the guy but, I keep asking myself, does he look better than he is because the rest of the team are either poor or appear uninterested.
Unlike some others he always shows 100% commitment, surely that should be a requirement for any professional footballer.

Fulking Seagull

Mar 31, 2013
Fulking
Kayal a must as Team captain for me. Since day one he has shown he is a natural communicator on the pitch with ability to go with it and in midfield is perfectly positioned to influence the team. Greer can be Club captain.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Greer is coming towards the end of his career, and it's time we were starting to phase out our ageing defenders - Bruno and Greer are both older than Calde, I think - so Greer might not be an automatic choice next season. In which case I would go for Kayal or Stephens, both of whom look like certain starters (unless we get in some mind-bogglingly good midfielders, better than our wildest dreams, in the summer).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
NSC wanted to strip Greer of the captaincy before and give it to Bridcutt.
Then Bridcutt started sulking and NSC went all quiet about it.

...and? I don't follow. Does this mean Kayal is going to sulk?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I rate the guy but, I keep asking myself, does he look better than he is because the rest of the team are either poor or appear uninterested.
No, that's not why he looks good. He performs well against decent opposition too. Actually I think the opposite is true - a fair number of our squad would be ok if in a good team that was playing well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here