Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bent loan to derby done deal!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Amazed people are not fussed, he is goal scorer pure and simple. A fully fit Darren bent will score for fun in the championship.
Exactly. He'd have been a great help to us for the rest of the season.

Can't understand all this fuss about 'not wanting any more loan players' - in our position that's completely nuts. It was only two or three weeks ago that there were threads on here pointing out that we'd signed six (or seven or eight or whatever it was) players in the summer who WEREN'T PLAYING IN THE TEAM! At all......

A couple of loanees now, just to make sure we finish 21st. or above (which I think we can do if players are played to their strengths - the last couple of games seem to suggest that anyway) whilst making long term preparations for what we're going to do over the summer, with no DB and a Manager staying in post, is the way ahead now. Remember, a big part of that job will be getting rid of some of the players we panic-bought in the summer who can't get in the team, and that'll be just as important as getting people in.

So yes, I do think it's a shame we couldn't persuade Villa and/or Bent to agree to a loan to the end of the season.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Massive shame that he's gone elsewhere, proven goalscorer and clearly an asset to any Championship club.

That said, no great surprise he would choose there over staying with us for a bit longer.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Big loss, much greater chance of relegation now which will make his wages look like peanuts in the big scheme of things

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
When he scores against us in March , i will be the first to say "i told you so" .
I don't for one minute think his heart was in it during his brief spell with us but hope that some of his experience rubbed off on the younger players.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Logical move for him as he probably lives in the Midlands so easy travel each day and getting promoted with Derby will probably bring him another lucrative contract.

This. Closer to home / wife, Derby paying a bigger % of wage to Villa and I would guess a promise of a contract in the summer if he helps fire the rams into the premier. Big lose for us.:nono:

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
His first quotes on the derby website are more or less word for word what he said about us, ready for premier league, play football the right way etc etc

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
How people can say that the loss of a Premiership striker that will score goals for fun in this division is - "no loss" - is totally beyond me.

Yes, I accept the point about too many loan players, and agree about buying in our own players rather than loans, but every club has at least some loan players and that's one seriously good loan player for this division that we've just lost in Bent.

Better hope we manage to secure at least one decent striker in January because we currently have a severe lack of quality up front.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
It will be just a quick drive up the A38 and no need to relocate so a bit of a no brainer and Derby are in with a decent chance of promotion, which would bank roll another premiership level contract.

I suspect he will do a lot better for them than he did for us, Derby create a lot of chances

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It will be just a quick drive up the A38 and no need to relocate so a bit of a no brainer and Derby are in with a decent chance of promotion, which would bank roll another premiership level contract.

I supspect he will do a lot better for them than he did for us, Derby create a lot of chances

Wont need to move if offered a contract by them so good deal for everybody.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Adds a bit of spice to the Derby match in March, if he's not injured.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Hes a very silly boy. he could have played almost every game here whereas now he has to fight it out with Martin and Russell

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Pity, but not the end of the World. Darren saying he didn't want to spend time at Villa on the bench is less likely to be an automatic starter at Derby than he would be here however.
But I once again wonder why we aren't competing in the transfer market. I haven't got David Burke to blame this time.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
When he starts banging them in for darby hel be the next Murray.
Then hel be coming bk every transfer window ( along with murray of cause )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here