Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bennetts Field

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 13.09.43.png

Really awful design, looks like they were drawn on a moving train, in the style of H blocks....!

Jul 7, 2003
My initial reaction on viewing this is. Not a hope. Cant see any approval given for anything even minor that needs access from mini roundabout.
Once planning is or isnt given for anything it will set a valuation for the site and am sure Bloom will then step in.

Looking at that access, it would appear to be virtually on the bridge. That would be a very steep access road to get down to ground level. Not only that, given how bad traffic at the junction is on most days (not just match days) I can't see how this would get traffic approval.

I think he is just trying to scare the club into buying him out at an inflated price in case it gets the go ahead. You would assume with our experience, the club would have a fair feel for his chances.

However, if it gets thrown out then it could weaken his position as he would be left with a chunk of land he can't do much with so an interesting gamble.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I thought we couldn't get our hotel as it would block the view of the lovely Amex??

555 flats would be a little on the bulky side Shirley?

Brighton and Hove city council turned down our hotel application. This one is with Lewes so likely to have different criteria for approval.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Would be a surprise if this does get approval but curious if the developers have a second set of plans for, say, 250 rooms up their sleeves ready to pull out as a "compromise".

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Looking at that access, it would appear to be virtually on the bridge. That would be a very steep access road to get down to ground level. Not only that, given how bad traffic at the junction is on most days (not just match days) I can't see how this would get traffic approval.

I think he is just trying to scare the club into buying him out at an inflated price in case it gets the go ahead. You would assume with our experience, the club would have a fair feel for his chances.

However, if it gets thrown out then it could weaken his position as he would be left with a chunk of land he can't do much with so an interesting gamble.

Sums it up. Gamble by Bloom. Not so much Bennett as apart from considerable application costs if turned down site just returns to original value to Albion.
Assume Albion would block any access for students to station/university through there land so that is a lot of students wandering around The Drove

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Club need to go back to Farmer ‘Bennett’ and broker a realistic deal to get long term parking back there.

Realistic, on both sides being the optimum word.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
My initial reaction on viewing this is. Not a hope. Cant see any approval given for anything even minor that needs access from mini roundabout.
Once planning is or isnt given for anything it will set a valuation for the site and am sure Bloom will then step in.

To buy a chunk of land for football parking do you mean, or to develop a hotel etc himself?

Personally I don't see either happening

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would be a surprise if this does get approval but curious if the developers have a second set of plans for, say, 250 rooms up their sleeves ready to pull out as a "compromise".

That was my first thought....bet they have drawings for buildings half the height ready to go.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Club need to go back to Farmer ‘Bennett’ and broker a realistic deal to get long term parking back there.

Realistic, on both sides being the optimum word.

I reckon you are more of a SNAP player, as opposed to POKER

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
To buy a chunk of land for football parking do you mean, or to develop a hotel etc himself?

Personally I don't see either happening

Blooms main reason for buying would be for parking. If Bennett gets turned down and offers to Bloom I am sure in any contract would be a considerable upgrade in price if Albion ever got permission for anything but parking.
I maybe wrong but dont think club will want to look back in many years time and think they didnt take the opportunity to purchase land next to stadium

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
thanks... who is he the farmer from across the way?

To be honest I have no idea but someone on Falmer Parish Council seems to know him as they had info about this ages ago so presumably is local.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Blooms main reason for buying would be for parking. If Bennett gets turned down and offers to Bloom I am sure in any contract would be a considerable upgrade in price if Albion ever got permission for anything but parking.
I maybe wrong but dont think club will want to look back in many years time and think they didnt take the opportunity to purchase land next to stadium

It would be extraordinarily generous of him to buy it with no means of making serious money back from the purchase

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here