Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett Discussion from the NCFC Message Board

ballboys

Feb 23, 2009
Strange how their Chairman found it necessary to go public on our approach. Most of our signings these days come out of the blue and we rarely hear of any failed bids. Brighton are doing great under Poyet, but despite this and the fact he has a long contract the player I feel should snap our hand off........why?...because it's very clear that PL is special and that Norwich City are way ahead of Brighton (with all due respect to them) at the moment...plus its clear we need a really decent winger with genuine pace...who I presume can cross the ball!?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
:lolol:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Strange how their Chairman found it necessary to go public on our approach. Most of our signings these days come out of the blue and we rarely hear of any failed bids. Brighton are doing great under Poyet, but despite this and the fact he has a long contract the player I feel should snap our hand off........why?...because it's very clear that PL is special and that Norwich City are way ahead of Brighton (with all due respect to them) at the moment...plus its clear we need a really decent winger with genuine pace...who I presume can cross the ball!?

Seems they've seen Wood's first goal on saturday - if he goes I think they'll get promoted automatically

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Well he is right, Norwich are currently in the championship playoff's with a game in hand (if they win they will be in top two)

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Interesting post by the Norwich fan. Why did the chairman go public? I cannot agree that Norwich are miles ahead of The Albion. In 8 months time we could be playing in the same division and with a new stadium etc. They are certainly ahead of us now but in the future I think Norwich are just the sort of club we will be fighting with on equal terms. I imagine they are actually a good example of the level Bloom/Poyet are looking to get the Albion to in the next year or two.
As far as Bennett goes it surely just comes down to money. Can they offer enough that we just cannot refuse and are they offering Bennett terms so much better than he is on now that he cannot refuse. Stating the bleeding obvious I know!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Maybe we should gift wrap, tie a bow and drop him off at Carrow Road and thank them very much - obviously it would be rude to ask for a fee

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
we defo can't afford much more than 1 million

tho we do pay very good wages

and i'd be surprised if it's just us after him

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
he hasn`t got genuine pace, if he had then he would still be playing for Wolves in the Premier League, ffs they don`t even know what they are buying

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Bennett stays at the Albion it's odds-on he'll be playing Championship football next season. Therefore, if he leaves now he's got to believe Norwich will get into the Prem.

On closer inspection I see Norwich have dropped 18 points out of a possible 42 at home, and they've played 2 more home games than away games. QPR have lost once at home, Swansea and Cardiff twice and Forest - 4 points behind Norwich with 2 games in hand - are unbeaten.

Sure, Bennett would make them stronger but then the other contenders will also strengthen. I don't see Norwich going up this season, with or without Bennett.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I would say that Nowich would need to double their offer to even get a jot of interest. The main thing being that we neither want or need to sell.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
If Norwich signed him and then won promotion to the Premiership, they would drop him like Wolves did. Not a good career move for Bennett, like many others who have left us for greener pastures only to end up playing back at the same or a lower level than us.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Interesting post by the Norwich fan. Why did the chairman go public?
There were big rumours on here about Norwich wanting Bennett, local media also picked up on the rumour from here or elsewhere. The SCR guy asked Gus in his post match interview, Gus aknowledged they wanted him. Then Bloom said he's not for sale. Simple.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
If Bennett stays at the Albion it's odds-on he'll be playing Championship football next season. Therefore, if he leaves now he's got to believe Norwich will get into the Prem.

On closer inspection I see Norwich have dropped 18 points out of a possible 42 at home, and they've played 2 more home games than away games. QPR have lost once at home, Swansea and Cardiff twice and Forest - 4 points behind Norwich with 2 games in hand - are unbeaten.

Sure, Bennett would make them stronger but then the other contenders will also strengthen. I don't see Norwich going up this season, with or without Bennett.

Good post mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here