Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett bid accepted?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Watching ssn norwich seem to be very active at the moment.I don't think anybody could begrudge eb his chance to play in the epl but the price has to be right 2m in my opinion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Norwich seem to like the players that Slade brought in, don't they? I think this has been on the cards since January. Bennett was asked to stay and help us get promotion but if Norwich still wanted him and weren't in the Championship themselves then he would be allowed to go.
Hopefully the Buckley deal will go through and we have other new players to look forward to.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Hopefully the Buckley deal will go through and we have other new players to look forward to.

Well if there is truth in the benno rumour, then at a minimum I'd hope that Buckley was sorted before, we let him go....... not in the hope we may get someone else

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
nah. Players come and go, only the fans remain. thanks Bennet, bye bye then.

lets bring in someone else who we can adore until he finds another club who he prefers....such is the life of a football fan.

that is why I cannot STAND the badge kissing shite!!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I was just about to post on this issue until I saw this thread. Have it on very good authority that Bennett is close to finalising a deal with Norwich and is near to signing. Very bad news if it is indeed true as supplementing the loss of both Benno and Muzza will be more than tricky!

184 posts too late to do anything other than damage your credibility as someone ITK I'm afraid :laugh:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was at the Best of British lunch today attended by our new kit sponsors, Dick Knight and Charlie Oatway. Overheard a brief conversation between DK and one of the jobs lot where he mentioned signing Buckley to replace Bennett. I heard nothing more than that I'm afraid and was unable to butt in and ask more. So I guess all this means is it is being discussed? Don't shoot the messenger please.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I was just about to post on this issue until I saw this thread. Have it on very good authority that Bennett is close to finalising a deal with Norwich and is near to signing. Very bad news if it is indeed true as supplementing the loss of both Benno and Muzza will be more than tricky!

Please refrain from the use of "Muzza". It suggests some sort of affection for the Judas.

I have been expecting Bennett to go this summer. The only thing of interest is how much money the Club gets for him, and who they buy to replace him. At least he has gone about it in the right way, and nobody could blame him for wanting a chance to make it in the Premiership. Unlike Judas who went to our enemy with less prospects in the same league.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well Benno isn't confirmed yet ... And would he get a permanent starting place in the premier .. can't see it to be honest

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Well if there is truth in the benno rumour, then at a minimum I'd hope that Buckley was sorted before, we let him go....... not in the hope we may get someone else

This is 100% the case as some users have been hinting all day...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well done Dick and Charlie for sponsoring the kit - what will it say on the front of the shirts? :)

Very good!

I did mean though that Charlie and Dick were on our new kit sponsors table, Brighton and Hove jobs?

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
nah. Players come and go, only the fans remain. thanks Bennet, bye bye then.

lets bring in someone else who we can adore until he finds another club who he prefers....such is the life of a football fan.

that is why I cannot STAND the badge kissing shite!!!!

Totally agree 100%. I only like it (badge kissing etc) if a player has been with a club for donkeys years and really does love the club (and that happens in the lower leagues more than the upper leagues).

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It will be a very,very poor piece of business if the club sell Bennett for just £1M and it would leave me worried for next season. We won't be able to find a similar quality player to replace him for that sum so where does that leave us? With Murray gone as well, I'm feeling less that optimistic about the next campaign than I was.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If Bennett goes then can't blame him but hasn't helped himself with his arse licking recently,

f*** him if he goes, not up to premier i doubt and would be a bench warmer a fair bit.

Murray doesnt come into this , he is a Judas wanker and thats decided

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It will be a very,very poor piece of business if the club sell Bennett for just £1M and it would leave me worried for next season. We won't be able to find a similar quality player to replace him for that sum so where does that leave us? With Murray gone as well, I'm feeling less that optimistic about the next campaign than I was.

to this point, everyone was already ahead of themselves. Make no mistakes , 4th Bottom would be good and this is the same regardless of who comes and goes

Hard as f*** division , lets not be deluded

4th bottom then build

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here