Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett bid accepted?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Surely if Elliott thinks the fee we will get is not good enough (him being the nice guy he is) then he can refuse to agree personal terms

Why would Bennett turn down a move to the best league in the world just because our fee wasn't what we wanted it to be ? :facepalm:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Surely if Elliott thinks the fee we will get is not good enough (him being the nice guy he is) then he can refuse to agree personal terms

:lolol:

TBF the fee isn't his problem. He's just being offered a pay rise at a club in the Premiership.

It's out clubs problem for accepting such a pathetic fee in the first place. Just when I thought this club was showing some f***ing ambition. So pissed off.

frostie_BHAFC

May 18, 2011
I don’t understand why everyone is so annoyed! We don’t even know if there rumours are true! If they are we don’t know what price he sold for and i very much doubt we will be told. Let’s face it TB and GP aren’t stupid. They will get the right money for him I’m sure!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I don’t understand why everyone is so annoyed! We don’t even know if there rumours are true! If they are we don’t know what price he sold for and i very much doubt we will be told. Let’s face it TB and GP aren’t stupid. They will get the right money for him I’m sure!

So if we sold him for say, I don't know, one million..
and we bought in Buckley..

What would your reaction be?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
:lolol:

TBF the fee isn't his problem. He's just being offered a pay rise at a club in the Premiership.

It's out clubs problem for accepting such a pathetic fee in the first place. Just when I thought this club was showing some f***ing ambition. So pissed off.

Do you have any info other than the article in the opening post that says Bennett has definitely gone?

frostie_BHAFC

May 18, 2011

I would think we could of done better! However we dont know whats going on, We are going off rumours from people that Claim they know inside information. I will wait and see if its confirmed first. All im saying if TB and GP wont let him go for pennies im sure of that!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I would think we could of done better! However we dont know whats going on, We are going off rumours from people that Claim they know inside information. I will wait and see if its confirmed first. All im saying if TB and GP wont let him go for pennies im sure of that!

They are letting him go for 100,000,000 pennies.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

It's frustrating that we won't have got Bennett's true value and also that we will have signed two new players for huge sums of money (compared to our normal spending), but they have only replaced rather than strengthened our team from last year. But on the other hand you have to look at these are likely to be the only 2 high profile departures and from now on, every player we sign is going to add to the quality of our Championship winning team. And there's still 2 months to go. Some might say that, should Buckley sign, then we have done very well to replace two top players almost instantly after they leave.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
It's frustrating that we won't have got Bennett's true value and also that we will have signed two new players for huge sums of money (compared to our normal spending), but they have only replaced rather than strengthened our team from last year. But on the other hand you have to look at these are likely to be the only 2 high profile departures and from now on, every player we sign is going to add to the quality of our Championship winning team. And there's still 2 months to go. Some might say that, should Buckley sign, then we have done very well to replace two top players almost instantly after they leave.

All true - but why aren't we at the point of simply streng:annoyed:thening instead of replacing?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Well Bennett's currently on holiday, So he'll still be at the club in the next week or two at least.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
All true - but why aren't we at the point of simply strengthening instead of replacing?

Because we had one player out of contract, offered him what we thought he was worth but he got a better deal elsewhere. The club aren't going to break the bank for a player and nor should they. Bennett will be a disappointing loss and especially if he only goes for £1m, but if we get a replacement for equal or less money then it's hardly the end of the world. I certainly wouldn't want to stand in his way of playing in the premiership.

We're getting the disappointments over and done with early in the summer and so it will now only be positive news all the way through to August

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here