Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett bid accepted?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
i feel we need an out and out striker. One who is happy with his back to goal, good footballer and knows where the goals is. Even as i write this i cant help think im just describing Super Glen :(

Not a good look is it at the moment, I'm sure things will look brighter in a month?!? I seem to have missed something somewhere, everybody is writing their midfield formation for next season with KLL in??

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Been told that it's very doubtful Bennett will be here next season, I know it's nothing new but hopefully we get a decent offer if he is to go.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Is there a way to get around these 'sell on' clauses. Could we not agree to give Bennet to Norwich for free providing they pay £1.5m for a piece of paper?

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Been told that it's very doubtful Bennett will be here next season, I know it's nothing new but hopefully we get a decent offer if he is to go.

Getting a decent offer is the key really to keeping people happy. Don't think anyone could blame him for wanting Premiership football but only £1m would be a kick in the teeth.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Shame if he goes. He has been top class for us, but if he does go to Norwich at least I can stop pretending to hate them. Any team with Croftsy and Benno would have my good wishes. Just hate that they are getting Bennett at the mo, but if done, it is done and we will get some better replacements

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Getting a decent offer is the key really to keeping people happy. Don't think anyone could blame him for wanting Premiership football but only £1m would be a kick in the teeth.

Exactly,But realisticly, he's worth somewhere around that in the transfer market but he's worth alot more then that to us.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
To be fair, if we are signing Buckley, his scoring record is better...in a higher league

Buckley is incredible but how long before we sell him for a pittence to a team on the up?

I'm gutted. We should be looking to bring these players in ALONGSIDE our talent. Not selling him for a measly amount.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
IF (and it's a big one) we did sign Buckley and LuaLua with Noone it's a pretty exciting line-up even without Bennett.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here